Actuator Minimum Air Pressure Increase

S

soyxan

I want to know what are the consequences if the available instrument air minimum pressure in the plant is increased. Will it affecte negatively to the valve actuators?

>I want to know what are the consequences if the available
>instrument air minimum pressure in the plant is increased.
>Will it affecte negatively to the valve actuators?

It shouldn't.

Normally each control valve has a pressure regulator dropping the pressure from line pressure to 20 psi or some other value.

You may be referring to On/Off valves without a regulator, I would not expect those to be effected either but review the information on the valve datasheet to be certain.

>>instrument air minimum pressure in the plant is increased.

Everywhere I've been the air supply regulator is set to a maximum pressure, not a minimum. In fact, as air useage increases, the air pressure at the outlet of the regulator drops or droops, a characteristic of ordinary diaphragm/spring proportional regulators.

How does your air system guarantee a minimum pressure? Staged compressors?

Please explain your problem in terms of numbers, like minimum air pressure increased from 3 to 20 kg/sq.cm. Instrument air supply pressure should not increase maximum working pressure of pressure regulators installed at valve actuators.

Do you mean that you want to increase your plant instrument air pressure from 100 psig or 120 psig to a higher number?

>I want to know what are the consequences if the available
>instrument air minimum pressure in the plant is increased.
>Will it affecte negatively to the valve actuators?

As long as the downstream regulators at control valves and other instruments have a working or proof pressure above the new pressure you will be OK.

good luck