Cannot run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7

R

russell

help cant run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7 service pack 1 computer installed the cd and every thing seems fine I can run any of the other programs ie rs linx but when i try to load rs logix 5000 the first page with the version # and logo comes up stays on for about 4 minutes and then nothing.

S
Why are you asking us instead of Rockwell? Not only are they in a better position to answer questions about their product, but it's their responsibility.

D

David Wilson

>version # and logo comes up stays on for
>about 4 minutes and then nothing.

Did you "run as" an administrator?
You didn't mention 32 or 64 bit W7.

J

James Ingraham

I don't know exactly how I managed it, but I do have RSLogix v20 running on several Windows 7 machines, both 32 and 64 bit. It's one of those things where you just try various options until something works.

Good luck.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

Did you get anywhere with this? I have this problem now.

> help can't run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7 service pack 1 computer installed the cd and every thing seems
> fine I can run any of the other programs ie rs linx but when i try to load rs logix 5000 the first page with the
> version # and logo comes up stays on for about 4 minutes and then nothing.

D

David Ferguson

I am running it fine on win 7. I have seen issues with the my documents folder location and rights, with wifi being on when installing and with a dialog box popping up under the install window asking you to do something. I accidentally found that one by alt tabbing and getting it.

Sorry, hard to fix from here.

Dave Ferguson
Control Systems Engineer

Sent from my iPhone

Try running as Administrator. I had the same issue and it worked for me.

> help, can't run rslogix 5000 version 20 on my windows 7 service pack 1
> computer installed the cd and every thing seems fine.

It has happened twice to me. Solution I found (other on line posting) was to delete the .rnl file in Factory Talk Activation accessed through C:\ProgramData\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk Activation\

Happens I think when computer goes into sleep mode.