Control ST Cimplicity connectivity issue.

I am setting up a new workstation (HMI) for mark Vie control system.

Fellow HMIs have cimplicity 7.5 and control ST 4.07.03c installed on windows XP platform.
In the new HMI, i have installed windows XP with complicity 7.5 and GE control ST 4.07.03c (ToolboxST & WorkstationST) software's.

After installation, workstation ST status is normal ( i.e., workstation ST status, HMI , OPC DA ,EDG config server , HMI file util ,time sync , alarm server).
but Cim screens are not showing values.

Please note, toolbox St is sharing details with cimplicity via workstation ST via HMI with no project , ie ( a Script.)

I am setting up a new workstation (HMI) for mark Vie control system.

Fellow HMIs have cimplicity 7.5 and control ST 4.07.03c installed on windows XP platform.
In the new HMI, i have installed windows XP with complicity 7.5 and GE control ST 4.07.03c (ToolboxST & WorkstationST) software's.

After installation, workstation ST status is normal ( i.e., workstation ST status, HMI , OPC DA ,EDG config server , HMI file util ,time sync , alarm server).
but Cim screens are not showing values.

Please note, toolbox St is sharing details with cimplicity via workstation ST via HMI with no project , ie ( a Script.)
What about communication protocol...

utility.cpp,

Do you have all the necessary dongle(s) for the new HMIs you are setting up? (I know some of the newer GE Mark HMIs have an "integrated" dongle for both WorkstationST and ToolboxST AND CIMPLICITY (or PROFICY MACHINE EDITION or whatever it's being called these days....)

I also think that for CIMPLICITY (or PROFICY MACHINE EDITION--whatever it's being called these days!) that a license has to be activated even with a dongle--but that's just anecdotal information I have heard.

You said information is being shared between the two programs on the HMI but it's not being shown on the graphical display; how did you verify/confirm this? I believe that information is shared between WorkstationST and CIMPLICITY via OPC, so are you sure OPC is enabled and working properly?

I think whereas CIMPLICITY in the past used projects, present-day GE Mark HMIs using CIMPLICITY (or PME) don't--they are just "viewers" which is cheaper for GE (one division of GE has to buy the software from a different division--and I think one of the divisions isn't even owned by GE any more.... but, who can keep track of what GE is selling these days, and to whom?). And ostensibly easier.

Lastly, I am NO HMI expert; GE changes HMI software and procedures as often as I change my underwear--and, just like when I change my underwear I don't write a list of what was changed and how and any differences in methods (like I now stand on my left foot whereas before I stood on my right foot when first inserting my foot/leg into a clean pair of underwear), GE consistently fails to document any changes they make when configuring HMIs.

Finally, it is presumed you are copying software from a GE-provided HMI to a non-GE-provided HMI, and if that's the case, then are you certain you have all the proper addresses and identifications specified in the copied software?

Utility.cpp,

I would look in 2 places to see where it is failing
1) Open up ToolboxST. Go to your HMI configuration. Go to the far right "EGD" tab. Click "EGD Packet Log from HMI" Click "Start Collecting", then click stop. If you dont see packets appear in the list, then your HMI is not recieving EGD. Something is wrong with your IP address or your controllers are not connected up to the same network. Or it could be a firewall issue.
1630419826378.png
2) Open up the workstationST monitor in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Go to OPC-DA Server->right click->View additional status detail. This will let you know if the data is properly putting it on the OPC Server for Cimplicity to read. If everything is "OK" then it is a cimplicity issue. (Dont worry about any timestamp warning for now). If there are other errors, then your WorkstationST is configured wrong. mis-match IPs or something else.
1630419343752.png

Attachments

ME42,

I am having some real issues with this and a related post by this poster. He says he is using MS-WindowsXP as the OS.... This is raising flags for me.

I imagine he has used ToolboxST to confirm that data is being transmitted to the HMI--but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's on the EGD and available to OPC. So, I think your first troubleshooting suggestion is how he "confirmed" data is getting to the HMI, but doesn't realize that it has to come via EGD for the OPC server to make it available to the CIMPLICITY/PME displays.

Anyway, we appreciate the information--hopefully we will hear back from the original poster!

Utility.cpp,

I would look in 2 places to see where it is failing
1) Open up ToolboxST. Go to your HMI configuration. Go to the far right "EGD" tab. Click "EGD Packet Log from HMI" Click "Start Collecting", then click stop. If you dont see packets appear in the list, then your HMI is not recieving EGD. Something is wrong with your IP address or your controllers are not connected up to the same network. Or it could be a firewall issue.
View attachment 1521
2) Open up the workstationST monitor in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Go to OPC-DA Server->right click->View additional status detail. This will let you know if the data is properly putting it on the OPC Server for Cimplicity to read. If everything is "OK" then it is a cimplicity issue. (Dont worry about any timestamp warning for now). If there are other errors, then your WorkstationST is configured wrong. mis-match IPs or something else.
View attachment 1519
the issue is rectified. we didn't map the master and site folder from the HOST pc. cimplicity screen are working fine after mapping.

thank you for the answer though.

ME42,

I am having some real issues with this and a related post by this poster. He says he is using MS-WindowsXP as the OS.... This is raising flags for me.

I imagine he has used ToolboxST to confirm that data is being transmitted to the HMI--but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's on the EGD and available to OPC. So, I think your first troubleshooting suggestion is how he "confirmed" data is getting to the HMI, but doesn't realize that it has to come via EGD for the OPC server to make it available to the CIMPLICITY/PME displays.

Anyway, we appreciate the information--hopefully we will hear back from the original poster!
the issue is rectified. we didn't map the master and site folder from the HOST pc. cimplicity screen are working fine after mapping.

and i knew the cimplicity was collecting data as

1)my OPC server was up and running.
2)in the HMI screen on cimplicity's expression view, every tag was showing healthy but the project name was not.

thank you for the answer though.