Core C in MARK5 go to A3 suddenly.

Dears,
We have gas turbine GE Frame 6001B.
The control system is MARK5 TMR.
The problem in core C.

C core suddenly go to A3 and get freezed (keypad on LCC card not respons)
We reboot C core, go to A7, after few hours suddenly go to A3 again and trip the turbine.

Please help me.

Elwan,

Thereis a procedure for using the LCC/SLCC keypad and display for determining the I/O States of the various I/O cards associated with <C> core. Write down the card names and I/O State values as you scroll through them after the trip (you may try before the trip, as well). That will help you determine what card(s) are at fault. The cards with the “lowest” I/O States are suspect and should be replaced. BE SURE to use the proper amount of conductive grease on ALL the ribbon cable connectors of the cards being replaced. It’s also agood idea to put a fresh coat of grease on ALL the ribbon cables of every card in <C> and <CD>.

If you write back for more help you should also tell if the Mark V has a <D> core or not.

The procedure has been written about many times before on Control.com and is also in the Mark V Maintenance Manual, GEH-5980.

IF you write back for more help provide a list of ALL Diagnostic Alarms which are present BEFORE the trip!!! No Diagnostic Alarm list—no further help.

Best of luck.

Elwan,

Thereis a procedure for using the LCC/SLCC keypad and display for determining the I/O States of the various I/O cards associated with <C> core. Write down the card names and I/O State values as you scroll through them after the trip (you may try before the trip, as well). That will help you determine what card(s) are at fault. The cards with the “lowest” I/O States are suspect and should be replaced. BE SURE to use the proper amount of conductive grease on ALL the ribbon cable connectors of the cards being replaced. It’s also agood idea to put a fresh coat of grease on ALL the ribbon cables of every card in <C> and <CD>.

If you write back for more help you should also tell if the Mark V has a <D> core or not.

The procedure has been written about many times before on Control.com and is also in the Mark V Maintenance Manual, GEH-5980.

IF you write back for more help provide a list of ALL Diagnostic Alarms which are present BEFORE the trip!!! No Diagnostic Alarm list—no further help.

Best of luck.
Just had to................