CPD & Flame Scanners ASSINGNMENTS in MARKV Control System

G

GE

I have an issue which i can't understand please help me in this regards which is assignments of pressure transmitters (CPD) in Mark V (TMR) control system. I had viewed IO.ASG file in which i have found only one pressure transmitter assigned on <R> TBQB(Q_R_CPD CPD PRESS ;Q -TBQB-003 Compressor discharge press transmitter). but as per hard wiring & TC2KERPT, I have 3-Transmitters connected as below (<R>TBQB 001/003 CPDRPP/CPDRP 96CD-1)(<R>TBQB 005/007 CPDSPP/CPDSP 96CD-1B)(<R> TBQB 009/011 CPDTPP/CPDTP 96CD-1C).

I am unable to find it out where & how these remaining two transmitters are assigned. Because as per my knowledge, all MARK V Hardware IO (switches T/C, Transmitters etc.) should be in IO.ASG. I am unable to find out these individuals transmitters in CSP.PRN.

One more issue that is same like above is with Flame Scanners. I have 4-flame scanners installed on GT, but it is also not assigned in IO.ASG.

Please reply me that how these Pressure TX' & Flame Scanners are assigned & how can I see these 3-transmitters’s reading online. How i can generate TC2KERPT.

Thanks
REHAAN

My, you have a lot of requests.

There are a few inconsistencies (Surprise!) in the Mark V's handling of I/O.

You need to use ALL of the available documentation, which includes the I/O Report (TC2KREPT.TXT) and the Signal Flow Diagrams in Appendix D of the Mark V Application Manual, GEH-6195 to fully realize what's being done.

The CPD transducers are all terminated on TBQB and the inputs for them are more or less dedicated for that purpose and that purpose alone. As such, since all three transducers (when three redundant transducers are used for sensing CPD) they are "voted" to the same name, in this case CPD. And only one entry can be made in IO.ASG for any input or output. So, only the first terminals for the CPD transducer input are listed in the <b>comments</b> section of IO.ASG.

You have found the references in the I/O Report. Look in the list of figures for Appendix D in the back of the App Manual for a depiction of the inputs on the TBQB.

The Mark V can <b>only</b> have flame detector inputs (ones which monitor intensity and generate logic signals for presence of flame) connected to the PTBA on <P>. And by "default" the names of the signals (the intensities which are to be monitored) FD_INTENS_1 through FD_INTENS_8. You should have also been able to find the flame detector inputs in the I/O Report, and you can find them in the Signal Flow Diagrams in Appendix D of the App. Manual, as well.

You should also look in the I/O Configurator for these inputs, because they have to be configured and/or enabled. Just connecting the inputs to the terminals isn't enough. I believe the CPD transducer inputs are on the TCQA card, and the flame detector inputs are on the TCEA card.

The I/O Report is an ASCII text file. It can't be "generated". It just "is". There is no executable file which generates the I/O Report from IO.ASG and the I/O Configuration.

Printing it is somewhat difficult, but not impossible. It is already formatted for landscape printing on 8.5" x 11" paper, with the font set to 10 characters-per-inch. The problem is, you have to set the printer to that configuration, then send the file to the printer, then reset the printer (usually as easy as cycling the power to the printer, but sometimes not).

I've completely forgotten the codes that can be sent via a command prompt to a HP PCL-compatible laser printer to print the I/O Report, but it's a simple command line string that is COPYed to LPT1 (the printer has to be connected to the parallel port for this to work properly). Then I used to send the file to the printer with another COPY command. But, again, it's been so long I've forgotten the string. Again, you need to tell the printer to print in landscape mode, and to print at 10 cpi. And then send the file to the printer.

I did manage to print the file once on a dot matrix printer, but that took a couple of hours to figure out the command string and I vowed I would never to that again.

Hope this helps!