custom Modbus protocol

S

Thread Starter

Sashidhar

hi everyone,

I am new to the automation field. Can anyone provide me with any information (which u feel is useful) on interfacing GE PLC with a X Batch Controller? The problem is that X batch controllers use a different set of addressing for the read and write registers due to which PLC cannot communicate with them. I have been through the Source Code for data communications of the X batch controller. Which are the fields I have to consider while developing a propreitary Modbus protocol so that they communicate??

regards,
sashi
 
J

Jerry Miille

Why does it have to be a Custom Modbus protocol? Why can you not use a standard protocol converter to transfer the information you need? See our
Omnii-Comm product http://www.miille.com/din266-p00.pdf for additional details. If you have a 90-30 or 90-70 PLC, then the Omnii-Comm can connect
directly using GE SNP protocol on one side and Modbus on the other.

You can contact me directly at [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Jerry Miille
 
Top