DeltaV OPC Data Access Server Availability

• Thread starter Washington_Native
  • Start date
W

Washington_Native

I need to get information on how to get real-time tag information from a DeltaV system into Wonderware's InTouch. In researching this so far I have found that there is an OPC server by Emerson available, but have yet to find any real information about this server. If this is true then the Wonderware OPCLink should connect to it. Has anyone out there done something like this before, or have any information about this server?

F

frederix Rudi

We solved this by using an applicomcard, to get more info try the applicom site.

best regards

Please use the web before asking these kinds of questions. A Google search on "DeltaV OPC Server" lead me to this page:
http://www.easydeltav.com/pd/PDS_OPC_Mirror.pdf
It tells me that an OPC Server is built into DeltaV. There is lots of information on OPC in DeltaV on this site.

Dick Caro
============================================
Richard H. Caro, CEO
CMC Associates
2 Beth Circle, Acton, MA 01720
Tel: +1.978.635.9449 Mobile: +1.978.764.4728
Fax: +1.978.246.1270
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.CMC.us
============================================

W

Washington_Native

Thanks for your kind suggestion about using the web for looking things up. I'll have to remember that one for next time.

I did a search for "DeltaV OPC Server" before I posted here. The DeltaV OPC Mirror isn't what I was looking for. After spending quite a bit of time on the EasyDeltaV site I discovered that there is an OPC Server built into the Professional Plus station, but it only supports up to 250 data values.
I actually read the documentation and found that the OPC Mirror is for passing data from the DeltaV OPC Server to some other OPC Server. Its a great way to pass data from a totally unrelated OPC server into a DeltaV system, or vice-versa. What I was looking for was an actual OPC server from DeltaV to connect to OPCLink from Wonderware, which is an OPC client.

By the way, I found the answer. In order to get more than 250 data values from DeltaV via OPC, an Application Station Software Suite must be purchased as well as a PC directly from Emerson.

My intent in posting here was to communicate to someone who may have done this before. My appologies to anyone who may have wasted any time to look up something that was basically unrelated to my question.

http://www.wiredvideo.com/pics/arguing.jpg

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for publishing the valuable information on net for everybody to refer.

We are in need of similar integration where we want to read tag data from DeltaV DCS system into Intouch and InSQL historian using OPCLink as a protocol convertor.

We were happy to read that you have successfully done this kind of communication.

We hereby request you to kindly guide us as how to configure OPCLink and OPC server of DeltaV to get data in InSQL or Intouch in the form which is represented by 'application_name | topic ! item'.

We at this end could read DeltaV tag in Intouch (WWClient) using OPCLink but in that case we had to configure each tag as a seperate topic in OPCLink. We could not configure OPCLink to have common topic for more than one tag.

Please reply at your earliest as we are running behind the schedule of our current project because of above problem.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards

SCS