DF-1 Comm between AB SLC and PC

J

Jason K

I believe my Basic code is correct. According to examples that I have looked at it should work...
MsComm1 settings, code, etc...
Dim all avriables and constants regarding DF-1 protocol in a public module, etc...
(I can provide upon req.)

I am trying to read the N7:0 file and write to the N7:1 and N7:2 files of an SLC 5/03 via a direct RS232 connection. I have MOV set up in the controller logic to move the data from the input files to the N7:1 and N7:2 integer files and interger file N7:0 to the output file.

What I have noticed:
1) I can run the SLC program and it works fine.
2) I can run the VB script without errors.
3) When I use RS Logix to edit the SLC, the RS232 LED on the CPU card "bleeps".
4) When I execute my VB program, the RS232 LED stays unlit - no comm?

Did I forget to set something in the SLC programming? My VB code bad?

Ugh!

Any additional input is appreciated!!

Regards,
jMk

Writing directly to the port. Was using Linx Lite... Doesn't support drivers. I have just received a copy of RSLinx Pro.

I'd like to do this the easiest was possible.

A

Automation Linse

> From: Jason K
>
> Did I forget to set something in the SLC programming?
> My VB code bad?

For DF1, the "DLE" (value 0x10) processing is very critical. The bytes in the SRC/DST and even the TNS bytes must be 'escaped'. Also, make sure your CRC is correct.

Also, not all PLC understand all DF1 commands, so perhaps you are using wrong commands.

The best "first step" would be to get some free or shareware DF1 OPC server and try to capture the exact DF1 message being sent. Or put your bytes in a response to this list and I'll confirm you have the correct bytes.

best regards
- LynnL, www.digi.com (experts in Ethernet-to-Serial)

Dear Muhammad Aris
I visited the AutomationX website, but could not find the ActiveX to use to talk to AB SLC500 PLC, kindly let me know the alternative website or send me the coding if possible.

Thank,
Eric Yeo

W

Waleed Ammar

well, i have nothing to say...

i'm just asking about that OCX file so as to connect my program to SLC 5/05 to PC.

i'm working on an already installed and running system... but i need to read one of the outputs in my application. i have no idea about SLC/PLC programming. should i configure any thing in the SLC? please say as much details as you can cuz i really have no idea about the matter...

thank you for your time...