FCS LOADING FOR YOKOGAWA CENTUM CS-2 DCS

M

mihirr

We have YOKOGAWA CENTUM CS-2 DCS for our HDPE plant. I am interested in calculating the FCS loading for it. We have 3 FCS (FIELD CONTROL STATIONS. Can any body help me to find out the FCS loading? Can anybody also explain how do I calculate the FCS loading?

J

Junaid Zafar

Hello ,

Look in the systems display of your ICS. You will see the FCS idle times for each FCS. This is usually in millisecs. Something like 35 msecs means you still have a lot of FCS memory available. If it is something like 5 to 15 msecs you are running tight. Yokogawa should be able to brief you in more detail or look at one of the FCS system manuals.
Regards
J. Zafar
Toronto, Canada syste

I do not believe it is in milliseconds. I remember it to be seconds of free time out of a possible 60 seconds. 35 seconds displayed would
represent less than 50% CPU utilization.

Hello ,

Look in the systems display of your ICS. You will see the FCS idle times for each FCS. This is usually in millisecs. Something like 35 msecs means you still have a lot of FCS memory available. If it is something like 5 to 15 msecs you are running tight. Yokogawa should be able to brief you in more detail or look at one of the FCS system manuals.
Regards
J. Zafar
Toronto, Canada syste
HI, thanks for your notes but in offline mode, How can calculate cpu load

HI, thanks for your notes but in offline mode, How can calculate cpu load
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In simple terms:
Note down the CPU Idle Time"In terms of Seconds" from the System View of DCS HMI/Engg. Server and the calculation is as "FCS Exising Idle Time for eg. 54Sec, then 60-(54/1000)*60..

Attachments

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In simple terms:
Note down the CPU Idle Time"In terms of Seconds" from the System View of DCS HMI/Engg. Server and the calculation is as "FCS Exising Idle Time for eg. 54Sec, then 60-(54/1000)*60..
dear Abulshafaq
just in online connection you can get IDLE Time
before connection to CPU how can calculate CPU load
I understood that exist a excel for it