Frame 5 gas turbine speed problem

soa

In our plant there are four frame 5 turbocompressor unit , sometimes during starting the gt we face a problem on antisurge . Anti surge goes to saftey protection and hp rotor speed stays on 4700 and does not accelerate to reach 5100 rpm , igv status is full open , there is no alarm on alarm screen .
I attached some some screenshots while igv is full open and speed is 4700 or 93%.

I cant understand why speed does not increase and what is the reason so cant find any solution for it.
Any help would be greatly appreciat.

In our plant there are four frame 5 turbocompressor unit , sometimes during starting the gt we face a problem on antisurge . Anti surge goes to saftey protection and hp rotor speed stays on 4700 and does not accelerate to reach 5100 rpm , igv status is full open , there is no alarm on alarm screen .
I attached some some screenshots while igv is full open and speed is 4700 or 93%.

I cant understand why speed does not increase and what is the reason so cant find any solution for it.
Any help would be greatly appreciat.
What type of control system installed..

Is there a kind of recycling valve in the compressor line ..
Do you know if something is preventing unit to get nominal speed like surge/anti surge control scheme

Without be able to see CSP files or app code it wil be difficult to support on this case..

You sayin that there is no alarm annunciated ...so check app first!

Any time!
James

ControlsGuy25,

"... sometimes during starting the gt we face a problem on antisurge . Anti surge goes to saftey protection and hp rotor speed stays on 4700 and does not accelerate to reach 5100 rpm , ... "

This from the first paragraph of the original post.

I agree--for someone without much experience with a two-shaft (I'm presuming it's a two-shaft machine--the original poster did not say, but most GE-design Frame 5 heavy duty gas turbine used as compressor drives are two-shaft machines) it's going to be very difficult to say with any degree of certainty what is preventing the unit to accelerating to 5100 RPM without being able to see the program/CSP/app code running in the turbine control panel. But, I would have to believe that if the antisurge is active and limiting acceleration there would be a STATUS FIELD message to that effect--possibly not a Process Alarm, but a STATUS FIELD message indicating the start-up sequence in being "held" because of some condition (in this case, anti-surge). AND, this is said presuming the turbine control system is a Mark* and not an SOB (Some Other Brand).

Hope this helps!

Any time!

Blessed day!