GE Mark VI Macros Function Block Library

Dear all,
Are there any references for GE Mark VI macros block? Maybe GEI / GEH?

I need to know some function block like TIMER_SEC using do_del (drop out). Is the function same as Mark V TDDO Block (Time Delay Drop Out)?

Thanks

briq,

Have you tried right-clicking on the block and then selecting 'Item Help'? If it's NOT a macro, it's possible there is a help for the block. Some blocks do not have help available--but when you click on 'Item Help' if there is no help available for the block it will pop up a dialog window to tell you that. (No special privilege level is required to view Item Help. And, it won't trip the turbine if it's running to view Item Help, either.)

Unfortunately, if it is a macro (made up of primitive blocks and rungs) there probably is no help for them. One has to expand the macro in the Tree View pane to see what it's composed of in the function window and work through it yourself.

There is a GEH for Toolbox and ToolboxST, but everything in the GEH is in the Help for Toolbox/ToolboxST.

There are 'Tips' available for Toolbox/ToolboxST which can be very helpful to learn about lots of features of them. (See the 'Help' feature for how to enable Tips.)

Hope this helps!

CSA,
There is nothing in item help for the macros like TIMER_SEC. It's different with standard blocks such as BENG or MENG which we can access the summary from item help.

And for 'tip' that you mentioned,I only found 'tip of the day' and I think no explanation of function block there.. well, maybe only GE's engineer have the library of macros.

Thanks

briq,

I happen to be at a site today looking at some Belfort Mark VIe application code (which just <b><i>defies</b></i> logic and normal programming practice) and I ran across a TIMER_SEC macro.

I left-clicked on the macro block and it opened the macro to be able to see the primitive blocks used to build it. The "main" component of the macro seems to be the BFILT primitive block, and the description (Item Help; Block Help) for BFILT says:<pre>The Boolean Filter block passes a rising True value on the IN pin to the OUT pin if IN remains True for PU_DEL (in milliseconds) time. The block passes a falling False value on the IN pin to the OUT pin if IN remains False for DO_DEL (in milliseconds).</pre>

So, let's say the 'pu_del' for the macro is 0, and the macro 'do_del' is 20. The 'log_out' of TIMER_SEC will be a logic "1" as soon as the 'log_in' goes to a logic "1", and will remain a logic "1" for 20 seconds after the macro 'log_in' goes to a logic "0".

If the macro 'pu_del' was 10, and the macro 'do_del' was 10, then ten seconds after the macro 'log_in' goes to a logic "1" the macro 'log_out' will go to a logic "1" and will remain a logic "1" as long as the macro 'log_in' remains a logic "1", and the macro 'log_out' will remain a logic "1" for 10 seconds after the macro 'log_in' goes to a logic "0" and will then transition to log "0".

At least that's how I believe the BFILT primitive block, which is the "main component" of the TIMER_SEC macro works. If one assigned signal names to either the macro 'pu_cur' or the macro 'do_cur' then one could monitor the status of the pick-up delay or the drop-out delay. If no parameter is passed to either of these macro parameters, then neither can be monitored during operation.

Macros can be understood--but it requires looking at the various blocks used to construct it and how they work and how they are "connected." It's not an easy task, but it's not impossible, either. One thing to learn, at least with the version of ToolboxST I'm working with, is that the lower-case parameters of the macro correspond to the lower-case parameters in the expanded view of the macro (the one visible when the macro is expanded, or when it's left-clicked on and the macro "opens" in the main pane of the ToolboxST window).

Hopefully you can use the above description to "interpret" the TIMER_SEC macro at your site and come to the same conclusion.

And, yes, I was referring 'Tip o' the day'--which sometimes can provide very helpful information and tips on using some of the lesser-known features and "tools" in the ToolboxST box of tools. (Isn't this fun???)

CSA,
I see... I havent seen the macros block in MKVIe toolboxST, only in MKVI toolbox. I will take a look in the toolboxST after this. It's very helpful to know that macros consist of some standard block. So basically it is the same philosophy as Time Delay Drop Out in MKV. But I think the fastest way to know how macros works is by forcing the trigger when unit off.. :D

Thanks for the explanation CSA