Good news for the HMI_GTK module...

J

Juan Carlos Orozco

Finally the uncomfortable bug that did not keep the scaled property for the GnomePixmap buffer was corrected in a new Glade release (0.6.3) it can be downloaded from:

"ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/glade/glade-0.6.3.tar.bz2":ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/glade/glade-0.6.3.tar.bz2

and

"ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/glade/glade-0.6.3.tar.gz":ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/glade/glade-0.6.3.tar.gz

Although I made a patch available for glade 0.6.2 earlier, having an official release with the correction is much better.

We may need to specify that to use the HMI_GTK module glade-0.6.3 or better is needed (or at least recommended because of this bug).

Regards,

Juan Carlos Orozco
Director

ACElab Industrial Automation
www.ace-lab.com

M

Mario de Sousa

Juan Carlos Orozco wrote:
>
> Although I made a patch available for glade 0.6.2 earlier, having an
> official release with the correction is much better.
>

Great. It's nice to hear that.

Just to keep you all informed on my progress: I have been working on the modbus module. As I posted previously, the rtu version is up and running. I have finished the ascii version (but not yet tested it), and am now 70% of the way through the tcp version.

I'm sorry for the delay. It simply has been more difficult to implement the protocol properly than I first expected. It has been designed to be implemented at the device driver level, which I am not doing (mainly to make it easier on the end user that will not have to insert any device drivers in the kernel...), and although similar, the three protocols do have very fundamental differences. For example, rtu and ascii are conenctionless, while tcp is connection oriented.

Hopefully in the near future I will be able to say that it is all working and in the cvs...

Cheers,

Mario.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario J. R. de Sousa [email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Humanity is the earth's cancer" - Agent Smith - The Matrix _______________________________________________
LinuxPLC mailing list
[email protected] http://lists.linuxplc.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxplc