Height Sensor

G

George

I'm looking for a sensor that can measure the height of product from 0-52 inches. Resolution would be ideally +/-0.10 at least. The data feed would go back to a DAC in a PC. I'm more concerned about the sensor than I am the rest as I can tailor to meet the needs at hand.

The application is to measure the load height on a pallet to ensure that the correct amount of product has been placed on it. If the resolution were high enough, it could even be used to estimate the count on the pallet.

I haven't seen a sensor that can do this large of a size without doing some kind of array, but I've been out of touch for a while.

Any Suggestions as to what I should look at?

C

Curt Wuollet

A camera might work well for this, especially if the top surface is irregular or uneven. A 1024 pixel frame width (rotated 90 degrees) would give you pretty good resolution and you could find the highest point, average, height at dimension, etc. that other sensors simply can't deal with because they are single dimensional. You could even do pattern recognition to resolve different products of similar height.

Regards

cww

Try one of this technologie, good luck.

you can try a laser measurement, have a look in Keyence web site.

For the ultrasonic sensor you can try one of this
Baumer Electric, honeywell, Pepperl+Fuchs, cosense.

G

Gary Frigyes

You should use an Ultrasonic sensor for this application. It will give you a nice wide area to evaluate and can easily give you the resoultion you require. Our model that best fits your application is UC2000-30GM-IUR2-V15. Look at the Pepperl+Fuchs web site... http://www.am.pepperl-fuchs.com/pdf/fa/documents/UCxxx-30GM-IUR2-V15.pdf for information.

To cover your 52 inch span the resolution would be .322mm (.012"). You can email me for further with questions at [email protected]-fuchs.com.

Ultrasonic is the way to go. There are some brands that boast accuracy into the .003 range at a quite reasonable cost.

I would look at Balluff's Time of Flight line of lasers. They have models that measure to 4 or 6 meters with the resolution of 1mm or better.

BOD S80 series

www.balluff.com

There is a link on the usa page.

I'm looking for a height sensor to measure the man's height.

200 cm.

I'm searching about the ultrasonic sensor but till now i didn't find the best one.

help please?