Honeywell TDC3000 LCN cable suspect

A

Ahmed Abbas

I have a serious problem with my lCN. a cable suspect occur very frequently on cable A only. i visually checked all cables, connections, cable ground. I also measured EMI in the control room. The emi level is quit high near one network end. Can the EMI affect one cable only? Also I noted that when i unplug then plug one termination on the suspected cable, the problem disappear instantaneously...!

any help?
thank you.

I would watch out when unplugging terminators, make sure you have the lcn swap disabled when you do it. I havent seen EMI cause problems on LCN but have seen it on UCN. Check your LCN cable stats. Reset the counters for both cables and watch for a day or reset every day if it takes longer to get the error counts. You should see some sort of errors on cable A then drill down into the nodes to find framing, checksum, dead media errors etc. From there you should be able to see which nodes are generating the error, consecutive or end of LCN. The cable, terminators and tees may be fine it could be a loose LCNI paddle board (that will give you all of the above errors and not on just one node).