How much bit can a Mark VI controller's processor can process at one clock cycle

Hallo everyone !

We often used to say "my computer has a 32 bit processor" or "my computer has a 64 bit processor". Now I want to know how many bit does a processor has, which is used in a Mark VI control system ??

for your information, our system may use IS420UCSBH1-quad core, 1.2 Hz AMD G-Series or IS420UCSBH2-quad core, 1.6 Hz AMD G-Series, those are so close to the version of the processors what I have found from Mark VIe and Mark VIeS Control System Volume ii page 14 (pdf), which I am Studying now.

Thanks In advance

Hallo everyone !

We often used to say "my computer has a 32 bit processor" or "my computer has a 64 bit processor". Now I want to know how many bit does a processor has, which is used in a Mark VI control system ??

for your information, our system may use IS420UCSBH1-quad core, 1.2 Hz AMD G-Series or IS420UCSBH2-quad core, 1.6 Hz AMD G-Series, those are so close to the version of the processors what I have found from Mark VIe and Mark VIeS Control System Volume ii page 14 (pdf), which I am Studying now.

Thanks In advance
If The sampling rate is 20ms, processor speed does not matter.
Only sampling speed is of true interest.
However i am also curious to know.

Tanzim06,

First of all you need to absolutely specific about whether you are referring to a Mark VI or a Mark VIe. They are two different control system products that—when new—used different processor “modules”. I cannot understand if you are listing Mark VIe components but are asking about Mark VI for some kind of comparison purpose. AND, GE made it infinitely more difficult to understand this when they started doing these control system upgrades of Mark VI control systems using some Mark VIe components (they typically call this a “Mark VI-to-Mark VIe Platform Upgrade”).
A Mark VI processor “module” would be identified using UCVx, where “x” is a letter between A and H. A UCSx processor “module” where “x” is a letter between A and E, I think, would be used in a Mark VIe control system—OR a Mark VI-to-Mark VIe Platform Upgrade of a Mark VI control system. Isn’t this FUN???!?!!!!?

Second, your “main” question seems to be how many bits can the microprocessor GE used in a processor “module” handle at one time. That does NOT depend on the model of GE processor—it depends on the microprocessor GE used when they made the processor “module”. If you know the microprocessor manufacturer and model you need to —as Bertus wrote—use the microprocessor manufacturer’s documentation to determine the processing power (number of bits per operation, for example, 32 bits or 64 bits per operation). GE also used different microprocessors during the manufacturing lifetime of a processor module, though the different microprocessors usually had similar processing powers in order to work with the other components on the processor “module.”

But, please be SURE when writing about Mark VI or Mark VIe control systems to proofread your post to make sure you are being specific in your post. Processing power is kind of an antiquated way of describing modern microprocessors, especially those used in “modules” produced by other companies (other than the microprocessor manufacturer). Those microprocessor applications are often referred to as “embedded” because the microprocessor was inserted in a processor “module” for a specific purpose by another manufacturer (in this case GE used microprocessors made by AMD in their UCSB processor “module”).