How to design a AC motor driver cct.?

J

James

Hi~~ I was assigned to do a ac motor driver cct. design (include motor selection) recently... but I really do not know much about motors. It requires carry up 60kg loads.

A current sensor cct. is required to stop the motor if the current rises sharply.

Rectify an incoming AC supply to DC.

Could you give me some direction of how to start? I want some basic knowledge to start this work.

Thanks for all your time.

James

If you need to control a motor with a driver and the speed, find information on the next address
http://www. ab.com/support/abdrives. There is much information.

I have installed 8 adjustable frequency AC drive to start up and stop motors and reduce the speed on motor of AC up the 150 hp (5 allen bradley, 1 robicon, 1 telemcanique and 1 weg).

All drives that required to change te speed, must be receive a signal from different sources, like a pressure, flow, strain transducer or other sensor devices to make a loop feedback.

You need to read information about the PID, Loop, feedback, PI control and transducers.

The speed of all motors may be changed

Robert

there are several ways to do this job, certainly one of them rectifies ac into dc and then you produce the neccesary flux in the proper frequency to obtain the wished speed. Other solution could be using a cycloconverter, this can reduce the speed in discrete form.

But, if you want to rectify ac into dc just get four diodes that can handle the current of the motor and make a bridge with them connected to a capacitor 10000 uf isolated to the maximun possible voltage, if you are interested i can send you the diagram.

raul