How to measure and maintain rotating tank level

K

Kamit Patel

we are facing the problem of level measuring & controlling with the moving tank (Horizontal) having high severe service containing mud.

we tried to control level by controlling discharge flow but not get the satisfactory result... Everyday we are facing the same problem.

K

Kalpesh Sheladiya

Dear Sir,

I read your problem,i can help you if you send me some process details

1.process media is mud,what is % of water content?
2.Please breaf me about your application
3.Approx flow rate
4.Discharge line Size

Also send me your company details and contact number.

Regards
Kalpesh Sheladiya
Forbes Marshall Pvt Ltd,
Vapi

K

Kapil Sharma

Dear Sir,
I can help you out for the above said problem, please send the following information

1. Schematic diagram for the entire equipment.
2. Fluid is having any foam or not.
3. Size of discharge line.
4. Also confirm wheteher tank is mounted on some trolley or wheel.

Kapil Sharma
CIC Engineers, Pune
09371093383 / 09370650400

Is the tank moving, or just the process inside the tank?

If it is only the process inside, then I recommend weigh cells to determine the level. With your service, it may not be accurate if the density changes, but if you don't need the accuracy, then it should work.

Dear Friend,

Whichever method could be used for the level control? But, make sure to frequently draining out the accumulated mud inside the tank by using a solenoid with timer.

Being a rotating vessel and no instrument could be fixed onto it directly, I would recommend you to use Infra Red Level transmitter which will not have any direct contact with the vessel and you need not bother about the accumulation of mud also. Adjust the damping frequency to be less sensitive,

Hope this will help you.