Info about Primary Frequency Regulation - GE Gas Turbine

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know about the model used by GE for the primary frequency control of their GTs?
I have been digging around and have not been able to find anything on the subject.
Thank you always!

The model?

This topic has been covered before in many threads on Control.com. GE developed their version of Primary Frequency Control (PFR) to overcome a serious shortcoming of the load control scheme for their heavy duty gas turbines that cause them to inappropriately respond to grid frequency disturbances.

But a “model”? It’s designed to provide a means for achieving Droop Speed Control when operating in Pre-Selected Load Control (which is how far too many owner/operators operate their GE-design heavy duty gas turbines at Part Load (and even, mistakenly, at Base Load).

Another term for what PFR attempts to do is ’free governor mode’ but both are really just forms of Droop Speed Control—allowing the turbine-generator to properly respond to grid frequency disturbances to help support grid stability during off-frequency conditions.

Use the ‘Search’ feature of Control.com at the top of every Control.com to search past threads and posts with this subject. But, GE’s version of Primary Frequency Response (Control) is really just a work-around for a mode of operation that is misunderstood and misused (Pre-Selected Load Control). It’s purpose is to provide Droop Speed Control functionality to assist with grid stability during grid frequency disturbances that is lost when using Pre-Selected Load Control to operate their heavy duty gas turbine-generators. The “model” is Droop Speed Control.

Sebastian,

frequency control. "I have been digging around and have not been able to find anything on the subject."

I cannot believe your search could not find results. Control.com has volumes of information on modes of operation and how they affect frequency.

I have never ever been subjected to a rotating turbine connected to a generator that has frequency control. They all work on speed control. Perhaps you should find out why!

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know about the model used by GE for the primary frequency control of their GTs?
I have been digging around and have not been able to find anything on the subject.
Thank you always!
Hi

Can you tell us which frame unit are you referring too.. As I found informations /data sheets.. on LM /TM... Units.. There. Might be also informations on others frame unit.. Depending on how the unit is operated...

Hi! The problem we have now appears when we provide Secondary Frequency Regulation, even when our unit is with PFR_ENABLE and we have the External Load command enabled (our DCS has a setting - PlantMaster which generates the setting to change the load) our reports indicate that we are not complying with the PFR.
We know that there is an MLI (Model List Item) that was not given to us detailing the model implemented. Our units are 7FA,04.

Thank you all in advance!

WTH???!!!?!?!!!

Are you expecting to control load to some setpoint during frequency excursions?

What do you expect Secondary Frequency Regulation to do?

What do you expect Secondary Frequency Regulation to do when Primary Frequency Regulation is active?

USUALLY, an ML (or MLI) has something to do with hardware (such as fuel nozzles or turbine buckets or gas fuel piping or conduit arrangements, etc?)--not with Mark* software options (though that might have changed since I quit working for the OEM).

WTH???!!!?!?!!!

Are you expecting to control load to some setpoint during frequency excursions?

What do you expect Secondary Frequency Regulation to do?

What do you expect Secondary Frequency Regulation to do when Primary Frequency Regulation is active?

USUALLY, an ML (or MLI) has something to do with hardware (such as fuel nozzles or turbine buckets or gas fuel piping or conduit arrangements, etc?)--not with Mark* software options (though that might have changed since I quit working for the OEM).
CSA,
The original poster is trying to understand a system without actually knowing the basics of how thing work.