Integrating 2-wire Rpm sensor to current 3-wire Rpm sensor system

Hello All. I'd appreciate if somebody could give me an advice, whether it is possible to integrate a 2-wire Rpm sensor (magnetic pickup unit commonly used in diesel engine), to a system currently using 3-wire Rpm sensor (a Hall effect sensor, to be precise Littelfuse 5075 geartooth sensor).

This Littelfuse sensor is connected to a communication device with digital input, this device does the pulse counting. Config for the digital input is: InputPullDownPulse.

Much appreciate your advice. Thank you.

If I understand your question, and I replace Littlefuse 5075 with 55075 in a World Wide Web search using my preferred search engine, I believe the answer is no. The Littlefuse 55075 requires a voltage source; most "magnetic pickup units" generate their own pulse signals as the teeth pass under the head of the sensor and the device the magnetic pickup unit is connected to "reads" the pulses and converts the signal to RPM or RPS or something like that. The magnetic pickup units I am familiar with are also called "passive" speed pickups because they don't require a voltage/current source external to the pickup--as opposed to "active" speed pickups which do require a voltage/current source external to the pickup.

It might help if you provided more information on the communication device--some of them can be used for passive- or active speed pickups. Some--but not all. But, again we would need to know a LOT more information about the communication device.

Best of luck!

If I understand your question, and I replace Littlefuse 5075 with 55075 in a World Wide Web search using my preferred search engine, I believe the answer is no. The Littlefuse 55075 requires a voltage source; most "magnetic pickup units" generate their own ...
Thanks for your feedback. Indeed Littelfuse 55075 needs voltage to operate, so it is an Active sensor. More info about the communication device i/o as follow:

For 55075 sensor, I would configure the digital input as "pullDown"

2 image for digital input, I hope it shows up on your screen.

1644891194554.png
1644891237554.png

1 image for analog input, not related but might be of interest.
1644891425850.png
Thank you.