Interface between Mark VI & Cimplicity HMI

A

Ayman

I faced a problems when making interface of the files: m6b, syb, hmb
(m6b file ):_ I made the steps of put into database and get from database > validate > build > download and reset the Mark VI then the m6b file show equal but the state is fail (red color) with diagnostics on VCMI cards in three racks.

and I make the steps for syb file and hmb file and after that starting TCI and run the project but there is no signals or communication is done its appear black and rubbish and in the PC task bar grey clock appear of synchronization ...

Is the Diagnostics (yellow color) on VCMI cards affect on Interface??
I am waiting your answer..
Thank you

Ayman, it would be helpful if you provided more information as to what events led up to this problem. Were the MKVI cores in "Control" and "Equal" before you started? What led you to do a put and get, vaildate, build etc?

Simply if your MKVI is "failed" then you will get no data to Cimplicity. As to why the time clock is grey I would not focus on that at this point.

You need to diagnose why the MKVI is not in control. You need to look at all cards that have diagnostic alarms. It is very possible that alarms associated with the VCMI will cause the controllers to not reach the control state, but since you did not tell us what diagnostics are set we don't know at this point.

I would recommend that you provide a list of all diagnostics from all cards and cores. Tell us what events led to this problem. At that point we can make some suggestions as how to proceed.

H

Hashem Alkhasawneh

I advice you to shutdown the controllers and all MVI panel then restart again. and start the controllers slowly one by one when the first one give equal and control start the second and etc...

Hello MIKEVI;

I am talking about new installed unit gas turbine frame 5 MarkVI and we did these steps for first time for the three files (m6b,syb, hmb ) but there is no communication or signals appear on cimplicity project just the signals of bently nevada vibration monitor & Promel fire and gas panel. I checked the IP of the cores and its ok. so I go to online and its show equal but Diagnostics on VCMI card in the three cores R, S, T appear the state of controller on m6b file is (fail).

I would like if you don't mind to tell me the steps of making communication between HMI & MKVI controller from the beginning,

thank you for your interest.

Ayman, I do not have a full procedure for what you are asking, and it would really depend on how proficient you are with toolbox and cimplicity. But as you stated your controllers are showing failed, and you mentioned diagnostics on the VCMI cards.

Without any controllers being in "control" there will be no data to cimplicity. You need to start by identifying why the controller states are failed. Once you get the cores in control and assuming your SDB, .hmb, .syb and other system files are correct, and the cimplicity database is matched then you should get data on your screens.

But first you must get the MKVI cores in control. You have not provided a list of diagnostic alarms so that we can try to help. Do you have GE or another controls provider onsite to help with this startup? Is this a new unit(I kind of think not since the MKVI is no longer in production), or a new old stock machine you purchased from someone?

I am glad to try and help, but commissioning a new unit via the web is a little above at least my abilities.

Hello,

its a list of the Diagnostic alarms that I have:
<R> SLOT 2 UCVX DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<S> SLOT 2 UCVX DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<T> SLOT 2 UCVX DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<R> SLOT 1 VCMI DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<S> SLOT 1 VCMI DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<T> SLOT 1 VCMI DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<R> SLOT 9 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<S> SLOT 9 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<T> SLOT 9 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<R> SLOT 7 VSVO DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<S> SLOT 7 VSVO DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<T> SLOT 7 VSVO DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<R> SLOT 5 VVIB DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<S> SLOT 5 VVIB DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<T> SLOT 5 VVIB DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<R> SLOT 10 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<S> SLOT 10 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<T> SLOT 10 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.
<T> SLOT 19 VCRC DIAGNOSTIC ALARM.

THANK YOU..

Ayman,

Please answer the question:

<b>What version of Toolbox is being used?</b>

It is rumored that GE O&G (the former Nuovo Pignone) is still shipping new GE-design Frame 5 heavy duty gas turbines with Mark VI controls. It's not known if they purchased a large stock of Mark VI components and have them in stock, or if there is some other kind of unique contractual agreement in place, but it seems like there are at least some new units being provided with Mark VI control systems. Perhaps the units were in storage for a while, their installation having been delayed for some time.

It would still seem likely that if this is a new unit that GE or one of it's licensed packagers would be on site or at least available to assist with installation and commissioning issues.

Lastly, I don't recall seeing anything about firmware downloads having been done with the current version (which still isn't known!) Toolbox. Was this done as part of the commissioning/power-up procedure?

Hello;
The version of GE control system toolbox is:

Version V11.05.05c ( Build 8973 ).
I don't have idea about firmware downloads. I just read it in this website and I don't know if its must be done in this version ..

I just have Diagnostic alarms above.

the m6b file show equal but (Fail) and there is no data on cimplicity project..

Thanks..

A UCVx is like a PC, it has a microprocessor and it has non-volatile memory and it requires an operating system to be downloaded to it in order to be able to schedule and execute the tasks in the application code. At least that's the way I understand Mark VI control systems.

It's like having a PC without DOS or Windows or Linux or Ubuntu or QNix (which is what I believe the RTOS that's used for the Mark VI).

In addition, there are blocks and other code functions that the application code needs to have available in order to be able to control, protect and monitor the turbine.

A new UCVx card will have to have the OS and other related files downloaded to it in order to be able to understand the application code. If this panel was run in an FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) in the factory where it was built then it probably has some OS and other files--but not necessarily the OS and code that's in the version of Toolbox you are trying to use. That may be part of the reason for the problem you are experiencing--the OS and code in the UCVx cards does not match the version in Toolbox. And the version(s) in the Mark VI and the version of Toolbox must match.

But, I'm speculating and I'm not sure I completely understand the issues here. You seem to be able to communicate with the Mark VI via Toolbox over the UDH, and you're having trouble getting data into CIMPLICITY. As MIKEVI and others have suggested: You need to get the Mark VI controllers out of the Fail state and in the controlling state first, and then the CIMPLICITY issues can be tackled.

From the sounds of things, it would seem you need a more knowledgeable person to come to site and assist with the basic process of getting the Mark VI to a controlling and equal state, and perhaps then assist with any remaining issues of getting data (including alarms) into CIMPLICITY. Unfortunately, GE doesn't have a documented procedure for these tasks (sad, but true) and with the various different versions of Toolbox and TCI and such over the years any procedure you might be able to locate might not (most likely will not) be 100% applicable unless you are extremely fortunate and lucky.

Them's the facts, unfortunately.

Please rely on the support you should be receiving from the OEM on the job (GE O&G, or BHEL, Toshiba, or whomever the packager of the unit is that supplied the Mark VI for the control of the unit). They should be able to help you with the steps required for the Mark VI/Toolbox version you have at your site.

Please write back to let us know how you progress.