Interfacing Wonderware Intouch with AB FlexLogix

S

Sagar

Does Wonderware Intouch has a Direct Driver For AB FlexLogix Controller? Or It requires the RSLinx to Communicate with the FlexLogix on Advance DDE or OPC?

Does the Wonderware Intouch has the ActiveX Container? Can the AtiveX Faceplates (Prebuilt Faceplates of Logix, for PIDE, Totaliser, Ramp-Soak, Alarms) BE dragged & Dropped in Wonderware Intouch?

T

Trevor Ousey

Using RSLinx as the IOServer is an easier solution, as it gives you access to the full tagnames, where as some of the other AB comp.
ioservers require that you use PLC/SLC mapping.

Intouch is an activex container, so you should have no trouble using faceplates.

J
> Does Wonderware Intouch has a Direct Driver For AB FlexLogix Controller? Or It requires the RSLinx to Communicate with the FlexLogix on Advance DDE or OPC?<

It would depend on what type of communication your FlexLogix has. If you don't have any communications cards in the FlexLogix then you are stuck with DF1 (serial) communications. Looking at my Allen Bradley Serial I/O server that came from Wonderware (version 7.0.0.6), it doesn't include FlexLogix. Unless this has changed with later versions (and I doubt it), what you have to do is configure your FlexLogix to map arrays to PLC-5 addresses, and then configure your I/O server to treat the FlexLogix as a PLC-5.

If you are unhappy with that arrangement and would rather use FlexLogix native tags, then you have to go with DDE or OPC. Note that if you decide to use OPC you must also use Wonderware's OPC Link. Also keep in mind that RSLinx OEM only supports Advance DDE, so if you want to use RSLinx OEM you must also use Wonderware's WWRSLinx. If you want to use only one package your best bet is RSLinx Professional - which supports FastDDE, Wonderware's version of DDE.

> Does the Wonderware Intouch has the ActiveX Container? Can the AtiveX Faceplates (Prebuilt Faceplates of Logix, for PIDE, Totaliser, Ramp-Soak, Alarms) BE dragged & Dropped in Wonderware Intouch?<

InTouch does have an ActiveX container, and although I haven't tried it, it should support the ActiveX faceplates. Be certain you have license to use these faceplates, though. Allen Bradley may charge for their use in software not written by Rockwell Software.