Logic for air washers to control humidity and temp

P

Pervaiz

In spinning mills we use air washers to control humidity, and to maintain temperature. If some one know about logic or programming help me becaus of i have to program a controller to meet the requirement of client and i have no idea how to make logic for this.

M
AIR that we breathe day in and out is a funny entity. If you follow the process on psychrometric chart (cooling, dehumidification, heating and humidification) - Temperature and Relative Humidity play dog and the bone game in the process.

1) Air has to be COOLED to reduce temperature if room temperature is above set point.

2) Air has to be COOLED to be dehumidified if room relative humidity is above set point.

3) Saturated air cannot take moisture until it is preHEATED. It is necessary to add moisture if room relative humidity is below set point.To add moisture you need water spray. Water spray not only adds moisture to the air but also cools down the air passing through the Air Washer.

4) Air has to be HEATED to increase temperature if room temperature is below set point.

Your controller should be programmed taking all above into consideration.

It all depends on what components you have in the Air Washer. It is suggested to use a controller meant for Close Control Units designed for such applications.

B

Bob Peterson

Get out your 2nd or 3rd semester physics book.

Working with air can be counter intuitive.

Its not unusual to have to cool the air to dehumidify it and then heat it back up to the desired temperature.

And the outside weather conditions can drive you crazy as they can change in a heartbeat and most HVAC equipment can't make the change real quick.

In spinning mills we use air washers to control humidity, and to maintain temperature. If some one know about logic or programming help me becaus of i have to program a controller to meet the requirement of client and i have no idea how to make logic for this.
You should use PLC Programming for controlling switch of air washer because they are used for ventilation.