Logic statement explanation

Hi all
I'm from Israel and working in the Israel l electric company. We are in the middle of new GE 9HA single shaft CC power plant establishment.
I'm in the operation team. We are starting to get some documentation ,very slow, i have to say,from GE.
In a Control Loop document of one of the systems (main cooling) i found i logic statement that i don't understand and i can't find explanation .
Maybe you can help me.
i marked in Yalow the statement: _S_ AVAIL. What the AVAIL means? S i think is for status.
1.PNG
Ty for your help....:)

Hi all
I'm from Israel and working in the Israel l electric company. We are in the middle of new GE 9HA single shaft CC power plant establishment.
I'm in the operation team. We are starting to get some documentation ,very slow, i have to say,from GE.
In a Control Loop document of one of the systems (main cooling) i found i logic statement that i don't understand and i can't find explanation .
Maybe you can help me.
i marked in Yalow the statement: _S_ AVAIL. What the AVAIL means? S i think is for status.
View attachment 879
Ty for your help....:)
Hi

I suggest you strongly to review the KKS & ISA codification rules for all systems and sub-systems equipping/involved in a power plant comnstruction/operation& maintenance....

The S you are looking for can stand for a "system "or "sub-system" for your information....you have to check your own docuentation P&IDs and other OEMs Documents/drawings to get it clear .

Thats Ex Alstom work philosophy, now owned and used by GE for codifying/Taging and marking all systems/sub-systems in power plant engineering....

I Worked at Alstom Power/GE energy Belfort, and that's the way it is used in the so called P-FUP (Process functionnal plans )..

Here is a short description of the system mentionned on the picture that you shared :

PAB
Circulating
(main cooling)
water piping & culvert system.

James.

Ty for the replay James

_S_ AVAIL in that signal name (there is a photo attached) ,the S is for status. But i don't find any
explanation in the documents for the AVAIL.
That's my problem.
Any way ty....

Ty for the replay James

_S_ AVAIL in that signal name (there is a photo attached) ,the S is for status. But i don't find any
explanation in the documents for the AVAIL.
That's my problem.
Any way ty....
Le011,

That would be a signal feedback for each system or subsystem to be on "status available"..
That's what I can add to this thread at that moment..
Thanks for sharing your feedback
James

"status available" -that's indicate that the system is ready? healthy?some kind of quality check from the system?
"Status or system available " indicate that all permissif are fullfilled to get that system ready/healthy for operating/operation as PFUP drawings logic ... some systems can be on AUTOMATIC/MANUAL MODE , THERE CAN BE ALSO SIGNAL OVERRIDING FROM DCS or TURBINE CONTROL SYSTEM...

For getting a better picture , one should get those PFUPS drawings /schematics for better analyse on which system/subsytem is due to operate steps by steps ...Thats the Logic command that can have several levels ...I mean from the valve till the DCS itself ...

Thats the best way to have a good and realistic knowledges on how the plant is operating ..

James