Modbus 2b 0e identification command

I am designing the parser for the individual identification responses, and having troubles because as it is explained and *exampled* in the manual it is not possible to parse data without keeping whole history of the identification transactions. Manual explains the mechanism badly, and I believe it has copy-paste typo:

modbus-2b0e.png

This example gives a feeling that "number of objects" contains number of the objects for the whole chain of 3 properties. However earlier in the manual:

> Number Of Objects: Number of identification Object returned in the response (for an individual access, Number Of Objects = 1)

Therefore for first response "number of objects" must be 2, for second - 1. This makes perfect sense - you request object id 0, receive packet with properties 0 and 1, "more follows" set, and next property to request to be 2. You know before you received whole packet that it will contain 2 properties, and that it is not all you may have. After receiving this packet in whole you request object id 2, and get no more further data flag and only one property count.

Take a look here, I did not find any credible and informative source on the subject.

My request: this must be validated, if it is a mistake in the manual it must be corrected, and, in overall, the whole matter of identification must be better explained in the manual.