Modbus RTU on Magelis Help !!!!

F

Frederic

Hi everyone.

I need help about magelis screen XBTGT 2230 and Vijeo designer. I'm trying to use modbus RTU on COM1 or COM2. The unit I'm trying to communicate with doesn't have continuous register. In the modbus setting I have try to put the preferred frame length to maximum but the gap between register are to short (below 24) so the unit response with faulty frame. If I put the setting to minimum the communication is too slow (1 register at the time). We have try to make different equipment to make different group, but we can't assign ID:1 to different equipment, vijeo designer can't build the program. May be somebody have a solution for us ?????

Best regards,
Frederic

I don't understand this.

> but the gap between register are to short (below 24) so the unit response with faulty frame. <

Do you mean the you attempt to read/write to multiple (contiguous) registers and you get a response that is the wrong frame size?

What does "below 24" mean? 24 what? Why should the value be 24?

Where do "gaps" come from?

I'm trying to read for example register 40001, 40002, 40010, 40011, 40012. So I need to read register 40001 - 40002 in one request and register 40010 - 40011 - 40012 in another request. When I set the setting (preferred frame length) to minimum the screen read the 5 registers alone (5 requests). If I put the setting (preferred frame length) to maximum the screen try to send only one request (40001 to 40012) but because the addressee 40003, 40004 etc doesn't exist, the slave unit send an error. The screen try to send only one request because the gap between 40002 and 40010 is below 24. So i need to modify this gap (I want to set the gap at 1)... or I need to do something differently.

Regards,
Frederic