Modicon PL7

T

Thagborg

I have a newer acer lap top with only usb ports. I cannot communicate with the plc. The new usb to serial modicon cable does not seem to be the issue. Any one with windows 98 and an older lap top has no problem hooking up to the plc. The driver for the usb ports in this lap top seem to be the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have been trying to figure this out for months please email me if you have suggestions

[email protected]

The TSXPCX3030 (usb programming cable) cable has never trouble with win2k nor Xp, you mensioned win 98 but i hae never heard of that working with the cabel. You mentioned the driver. The driver for the TSXPCX3030 cable is on the PL7 cd. It can also be downloaded from http://www.telemecanique.com from the Unity Drivers pack.

In the Unitelway configuration you and a station, the driver dedicates a COM port for the cable, hence you choose the connection with the "COMx (TSXPCX3030)" label...

There could be a conflict if your modem if this does not work...

Try giving Schneider a call :)

C

Curt Wuollet

You should return the laptop as defective as it was built without serial ports and buy one that has them. This will encourage laptop manufacturers to include the ports automation types need. Small claims court will usually help.

Regards
cww

Try to use newer operating system on your brand new laptop, like XP. Unitelway driver has no problem with XP. About the USB> serial conversion: Why to use? Use the USB programming cable from Schneider.

H

Hemant Patil

Actually I had same problem with my Compaq Laptop. I had two USB to Serial converters & XP home edition. When I used the Conveter compatible to USB2.0 to my surprise it did not work, but when I used the USB1.0 (older) USB to serial converter it works.

I hope it gives you some clues.