multiple effect evaporator control schemes

Z

Zdravko Stefanov

I am doing modeling and control on falling film multiple effect evaportaors and i am looking for some more references on what control strategies people use. I need to compare my own findings with people's experience. Any information on that matter - personal experience, references to books, papers etc. will be highly appreciated. Of course the process will be two-way, as long as my own information allows it.

J
Some operators use density and/or viscosity measurement for feedback control. With fish oil evaporators, for example, the viscosity varies significantly with quality and is a suitable control parameter. In other applications density is more than sufficient. These measurements have been used with a variety of diffeent evaporators.
You might try a search of www.SolartronMobrey,com for articles, or micromotion, for example.

V

Vic Peñaranda

Nowadays, mostly of multi-effects evaporator uses an in-line refactometer to feedback the actual total solids at the outlet of the evaporator. Hence, you may also install a cascaded PID loop in-between this field instrument and the control for evaporation like steam supply.