Navigation Bar Cimplicity 11 Problem

Hi all,
We migrate a projectless Cimplcity from 8.2 to 11.0 and i have a problem with navigation bar.
There are 3 units, when i navigate on T1 it's ok but when i navigate to T2 or T3 the sceen jumps to T1.
The navbar file was working on 8.2 and i checked everything is good.
i tried to create a copy of cim screen and assigned it to navigation on T2 and it works. (Normally one display for all units)
I tried to create a new navigation file and same thing.
I tried also to delete T1 from Navigation bar then T2 is working and T3 not.
So as it's the same screens for all units the runtime display only the first unit.

Is there any modification in the newest version?

Thanks in advance for help
dinoo31

Hi

You got to search for documentation on Cimedit/Cimview /Cim layout ( open/organize more than one Cimview screen into a container that open the screens at the same time) it is used for multiunits purposes as example like what you have describe ....

Regards,
James

Hi

You got to search for documentation on Cimedit/Cimview /Cim layout ( open/organize more than one Cimview screen into a container that open the screens at the same time) it is used for multiunits purposes as example like what you have describe ....

Regards,
James
Hi James,
I don't want to use container, normally the navigation bar orgnizes the screens to use them for multi units.
I think i am obliged to copy the screens then rename them for T1, T2, T3 and it works but if any modification i have to do it in the 3 units.
I don't know if it's a bug or there is a new parameter to set or this version don't allow to use one screen for multi units as the old versions that works perfectely.
I tried 2022 version and the same result.
Thank's again for your help.
dino

Hi James,
I don't want to use container, normally the navigation bar orgnizes the screens to use them for multi units.
I think i am obliged to copy the screens then rename them for T1, T2, T3 and it works but if any modification i have to do it in the 3 units.
I don't know if it's a bug or there is a new parameter to set or this version don't allow to use one screen for multi units as the old versions that works perfectely.
I tried 2022 version and the same result.
Thank's again for your help.
dino
Hi @dinoo31 ,

Thank you for this reply.

I have seen that Proficy/Cimplicity ver 11 working fine with multi units configuration.
Also Do you got a Mark 6e Control system used as DCS?

Let me ask my colleague if they have some indication on any parameter to set...

Best regards,
James

Hi @dinoo31 ,

Thank you for this reply.

I have seen that Proficy/Cimplicity ver 11 working fine with multi units configuration.
Also Do you got a Mark 6e Control system used as DCS?

Let me ask my colleague if they have some indication on any parameter to set...

Best regards,
James
Hi,
Yes the Cimplicity 11 works fine with multi units with each screens for example T1 has screens T1_Startup.cim, T1_Startup.cim...like this it works but if I want to use one screen for all units here the problem occures.
When you click on T2 startup screen jumps to T1 Startup.
I can send you a video if you want to understand more.

Dino

I don't have a communication issue it's just a vmware to make the video. The system is Mark V.
I think GE has changed the philosophy of screen navigation or it's a software issue for sure.
I checked another project and I found that each unit has it's own screens.
Maybe I missed some thing but nothing is shown in the documentation, so it means that nothing has changed so why the navbar is not working.
I can resolve this issue with using each unit with it's own screens but I prefer to use one screen for multi units.
So I am on it...

Dino

Dino,

you are missing or have a script that needs updating. The graphic were probably pulled for a server that has a of the units in the project so the scripts merely change the unit variable on startup script.

Since you are working as a viewer and not connected to a project the navigation` button must redirect the UNIT variable to the proper place.

For instance: UNIT = \\gt1svr\T1_

When working with a screen with multiple turbines on the same screen. Each turbine graphic must be grouped and assigned the proper UNIT variable.

I don't have a communication issue it's just a vmware to make the video. The system is Mark V.
I think GE has changed the philosophy of screen navigation or it's a software issue for sure.
I checked another project and I found that each unit has it's own screens.
Maybe I missed some thing but nothing is shown in the documentation, so it means that nothing has changed so why the navbar is not working.
I can resolve this issue with using each unit with it's own screens but I prefer to use one screen for multi units.
So I am on it...

Dino
Dino,

you are missing or have a script that needs updating. The graphic were probably pulled for a server that has a of the units in the project so the scripts merely change the unit variable on startup script.

Since you are working as a viewer and not connected to a project the navigation` button must redirect the UNIT variable to the proper place.

For instance: UNIT = \\gt1svr\T1_

When working with a screen with multiple turbines on the same screen. Each turbine graphic must be grouped and assigned the proper UNIT variable.
Thank's for help.
I did many tests and I confirmed that navigation bar philosophy has changed on version 11 and newer and maybe 10 (not checked) .
You can't use any more one screen for multi units. You must create screens for G1, and G2...to use navigation bar (not container)
in old version it was doable but not with last versions.

Thank's to all for your help.

Dino