Need help with remote Tank monitoring

T

Trilon

In response to questions below, if you can help with a suggestion for
Remote tank monitoring.

1. What is in the tank? Propane

2. How is the sensor best integrated? flow meter-in/out, may have multiple tanks/site?
Using mems D6F-P MEMS Flow Sensor D6F-P0010A1

3. LAN or WAN communication? short haul RF, need up to 20 mile coverage
possibly need cellular, CDMA local is VZ

4. Power. Need battery operated?
No local electric, no solar

5. Communication frequency? one way daily
or monthly,
will need to read analog output of sensor.

6. Cost.
Will handle maintenance and installation

Thank You for any Suggestions

Hmmmm.

A non-industrial, circuit board mount, plastic OEM flow meter with hose barbs, no certifications listed, for propane flow measurement (sold in bulk crates of 100).

[You are aware that that the spec sheet states,
"Precautions for Correct Use Fluids, Piping, and Sensor Installation
1. Do not use combustible gas (such as hydrogen)"?]

There's no electrical power available?

Monthly or maybe daily reads?

This reads like a project to remote monitor my neighbor's propane consumption on that $1,500 look-at-me stainless steel barbecue grille cooker he's got on his deck.

Given my speculation, I have to ask, what price target are you looking to hit? Is this a onsie
or a project for hundreds/thousands?

David

P

Patrick Lansdorf

Hi Trilon,

I would suggest that have a look at a product called easyconnect; http://www.intellicom.se/easyconnect.cfm

Mind you that I am biased, since I work for HMS and they partly own Intellicom, still I think that it is a good product and from what I understand has the functions that you asked for.

Let me know if you have any questions at [email protected]

Best regards,
Patrick Lansdorf

I am sorry for the confusion on this. What I have are large propane tanks in a quarry where the guys cut stone.

I need a way to monitor them remotely from a separate location.
The sensor I had been looking at was a D6F-□N2/-02L2 MEMS Flow Sensor.
I made a mistake with the model number. This will need to be read several times a day. I do not have line of site or a phone line to the locations.

Is their a way to transmit this and receive the output signal from the sensor over GPS, Satellite or cellular. Also what would typical costs be for this?

Thanks