PL7 MICRO Programming software intstallation

C

Colm Heneghan

Need help on Programming software for the PL7 micro modicon PLC. Im having trouble actually installing the software itself. It goes through the sequence and begins to install the files necesary. But then errors show up like 1ST INSTALLATION ERROR FAMILY 2, ETC... ALL THE WAY TO INSTALLATION FAMILY ERROR 26. Then after all that it tells me that the installation failure window comes up.Failure of the product or one of its components.

Im using windows 2000 and have contacted telemecanique/shneider etc and they told me to make sure nothing is running like anti virus and firewalls etc... but i done this and still the same way... I have everything disabled on the bottom right corner of my windows... even the clock ha... At one stage during 1 installation it to me to access the PL7 security manager where it prompted me for a name and password which i didnt have...

Im confused with this one... Im probably doing something wrong somewhere and can anyone help me please... Also im not using anything involved with Nokia because thats what schneider also told me to disable or uninstall...

Thanks guys and gals

Colm

P
Make sure that indexing is turned on

(My computer, destination drive, Right click - Properties. Make sure to tick "Allow indexing Service ....")

HTH

Paul C

R
I had the same errors, but when PL7 was installed on a computer with Windows 98 the problem was gone.

good luck,

René