Problems with Reprogramming Hot Standby Configuration

G

Grega Orel

Hello!

I have a question about reprogramming Hot Standby PLC configuration. I am using CPU (43412 (486 controller), CRP 931 00 (rio head), CHS 110 00 (Hot standby)). I am usin concept 2.1
My problem is:

When i am trying to download new program to PLC is everything OK! A new programm is on PLC! Then i disconnect from the PLC and connect again and still every thing is OK a new version of program is still on PLC! But when I stop controller and restart controller again the old version of program is on PLC! That is not wright!
Can yo help me, what to do? When i downloaded the program i checked all possible function of downloading (IEC section, state RAM...)!

Thank you! Grega

C

Calvin Smith

Good afternoon Grega
It sounds like you have an eeprom.
When you load a program it will run until you shut down the processor. When it restarts it will load for the eeprom.

Hope this helps
Calvin Smith
[email protected]

L
The issue here is the fact that you are only downloading the new program to one of the hot standby controllers. When the cpu is restarted the logic is being overwritten by the standby PLC. What you have to do is download to the "Primary" then "Transfer" the program to the "Secondary" when you have completed. This will ensure that both versions are the same.