Quantum PLC Talks To A/B Remote I/O?

T

Travis Dominey

Several Companies Have Protocol Converters Currently Available. Ethernet To A/B Remote, Modbus Plus To DH+, and the List Goes On. I Would Like To Hear From Any One Who Has Successfully Enabled a Quantum To Talk To A/B I/O. What Are The Issues, Watchouts, Suggestions, And Positives.

R

Rafael N. Jacomino

Can you specify the A|B platform? ControlNET, Remote I/O, PLC 5/3/2, SLC, Flex I/O, ControlLogic... It poses an interesting challenge, but you are tapping one of the main strengths of the Quantum--connectivity. We might be pleasantly surprised.

T

Travis Dominey

Trying To Replace a PLC 5/250 Talking A/B Remote I/O To 1771 series I/O and Networked By DATA Hiway Plus. Trying To Talk To The 1771 I/O with a Quantum. Modbus + to AB Remote I/O is an Option and Modbus Or Modbus Plus to Data Hiway Plus is An Option per Third Party Card by ProLinx. Hoping to Gain Input From Any One Who Has Done This Or Has Thought About It.

Travis,
I would suggest that you talk to Janice Hungerford at Prolinx Gateways. She has been quite helpful in the past, and I have found her to be a good source of information. I would trust that if she says it will work, that it will. I have used the prolinx gatways with good sucess, but have never done your particular application.