Recurrent Faults in PAC RX3i

Hello!

I have one experience with recurrent faults in PLC PAC RX3i, i.e, error codes 3-14-0-0 (Loss of sub-module on PROFINET device.) and 3-2-0-0 (Loss of Device).
We have 1 redundant automation system and all I/O cards associated in Remote I/O Panels are with firmware updated but the CEP Modules are with different versions distributed, i.e, V2.4, V2.5 and V2.6.
We check all connections, terminals, crimping, power supplies with 24Vdc, earth fault, isolation barriers, Profinet switches (ok), etc.
The different firmware versions from CEPs be can to generate these faults?

BRs,
Marinho

Hello!

I have one experience with recurrent faults in PLC PAC RX3i, i.e, error codes 3-14-0-0 (Loss of sub-module on PROFINET device.) and 3-2-0-0 (Loss of Device).
We have 1 redundant automation system and all I/O cards associated in Remote I/O Panels are with firmware updated but the CEP Modules are with different versions distributed, i.e, V2.4, V2.5 and V2.6.
We check all connections, terminals, crimping, power supplies with 24Vdc, earth fault, isolation barriers, Profinet switches (ok), etc.

BRs,
Marinho
It looks like this issue is related to the Profinet scanner ...
Will have a better read on the OEM manual it helps a lot!

According to OEM manuals:

If the sub module is missing then replace the sub module on the device
If sub module is present then check for malfunction of submodule ( loss of field power, hardware failure...)

Check on RX3I Profinet controller manual page 102 as there are all recomm&andations to follow on such error messages , you may to have to dicsonnect the device ...and follow instructions...

And this can be expected for a large communication network as issue can be between controller and device and not necessary with all devices..

You know what I mean Hum...

Hello!

BRs,
Marinho
Different firmware versions should not be an issue as each device is a separate node on the network. However I generally recommend upgrading to latest version whenever there is an issue as it is one thing less to check later. Version 2.7 fixes an issue with Get Remote HART Device COMMREQ and version 2.71 resolves an issue with MRP enabled bit status.

One thing is if the issue is always with the same I/O drop? If so then focus on this one. Loss of sub-module error could indicxate a faulty I/O module so check this too.

What about the network load and the update time? Maybe reduce the update time on some modules to reduce the network and controller load. Also check the speed, I recommend the entire PROFINET network be set to 100Mb/s.

Emerson technical support may be able to help, see https://emerson-mas.force.com/communities/CC_Home.