SENSOR info request

  • Thread starter Phillip Costantinou
  • Start date

Thread Starter

Phillip Costantinou

Does anyone on the list know who makes (if any)
a device that accepts a 4-20 mA input and varies
a 0-5k-ohm pot in linear proportion to the input?
Has anyone ever had to do this?

Phillip G. Costantinou, P.E.
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
I.C. Thomasson Associates
2950 Kraft Drive
Suite 500
P.O. Box 40527
Nashville, TN 37204-0527
(615) 346-3400 Switchboard
(615) 346-3431 Direct to desk
(615) 346-3550 FAX
[email protected]

Curt Wuollet

Hi Phil

I can draw one up if you'ge game to build it. Failing that there are some audio IC's that do things close to this.


Curt Wuollet.

(TECO) David Bergeron

I once had a need for this and there is indeed a device to do this. Unfortunately, I can't find anything on where it came from. I remember that
it costed about $1200 which was too expensive for my application, so I didn't use it. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

David Bergeron, P.E.
Thompson Equipment Co.
Phone: 504-833-6381
Fax: 504-831-4664

Phillip Costantinou

I got a call from a fella named Dan out of Chicago
about a company called Advanced Control Technologies ( - (Thanks again Dan) they've got a product called a DRN3.1 that actually does what I wanted; bookmark that for future ref.
Thanks for the offer Curt. - Phil

Colin Walker

This sounds like a job for a transfer-resistor, (transistor), if biased appropriately it should do the job.
Regards Colin