Sub rung modification

B

Brian

We would like to add a new signal in the cooldown sequence in the MKV panel. But we have come accross an hurdle as we opened the above rung using the seqedit.exe file, (normally we used to do some small modifications in the rung display without any problem) in the page we opened we have a list of signals all related the cooldown the segment were we have to add the new signal for the vapor evaporator. Now we would like to know how to edit the sub rungs under the above rung, would be grateful if anyone could give us the procedure to edit the sub rungs using the seqedit.exe file.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

One cannot modify logic in a sequencing BBL; it's coded in the PROM.

One can re-write the sub-rung as required immediately after the sequencing BBL (just "below" it). This will result in a warning message that the coil has multiple writes (one inside the sequencing BBL and one outside); "the last write wins" in each scan of the CSP.

Hello! We want to modify a rung in a BBL, for example add a signal in parallel with the contact L43DETS in the “Diesell4” BBL, to run the Diesel engine in test mode, since according internal procedures of the plant DE have to be test for 10’ every week. And to “Help the operator” not to stay 10’ pressing the pushbutton 43DE, We need to creat new buttons which are relatively easy, but to add the contact in parallel to L4DETS to excite the coil L4DE inside the BBL we can’t find how to edit this BBL Diesell4, any help? In the Manuel We found that we have to change the rung type from RDL To CBL, but this would blank out totally the RDL matrix. Is it right? Thanks!!

Hello! We want to modify a rung in a BBL, for example add a signal in parallel with the contact L43DETS in the “Diesell4” BBL, to run the Diesel engine in test mode, since according internal procedures of the plant DE have to be test for 10’ every week. And to “Help the operator” not to stay 10’ pressing the pushbutton 43DE, We need to creat new buttons which are relatively easy, but to add the contact in parallel to L4DETS to excite the coil L4DE inside the BBL we can’t find how to edit this BBL Diesell4, any help? In the Manuel We found that we have to change the rung type from RDL To CBL, but this would blank out totally the RDL matrix. Is it right? Thanks!!

WalterCTPL2019,

As was said earlier, it's NOT possible modify rungs (sub-rungs, to be exact) and rung elements in a sequencing BBL (or ANY BBL for that matter)--because they are hard-coded into PROM.

The Mark V displays rungs and information in RLD format (Relay Ladder Diagram format). I don't know what a CBL is.

In my opinion, you really only have one option: to delete the DIESEL4 sequencing BBL, and re-write it in individual rungs, including the rung you want to modify. Because L43DETS primarily "operates" with other rungs in the DIESEL4 sequencing BBL trying to rewrite the sub-rung immediately after the BBL will likely NOT result in the operation you want.

If you are trying NOT to teach operators (whom you ARE trying to "help") how to force logic, I applaud you. But, to me, it would seem to be simpler to just force L43DETS to a logic "1" when you want to do this test.

I'm traveling at the present time and don't have access to any Mark V CSPs, so I can't look at a DIESEL4 BBL to make any more comments. In my opinion at this time without being able to see a DIESEL4 BBL and based on the information provided I think the only option is to force L43DETS to a logic "1" to make the test work.

Perhaps when I get home next week I will be able to look at some Mark V drawings and make a better suggestion, but that's the best I can do at this time.