Unity Pro Developer Forum?

K

Kordain

Hi all,

We just got pushed into using Telemecanique's Unity Pro software for a PLC/iFix system, and I've been trying to find a developer's forum for it to share ideas and problems. Anybody know of one?

On a side note, anybody know a way to convert memory locations from Topological addressing in Unity to normal Modbus 0x 4x etc. addressing for programming into the iFix? A PLC has been made in topological and I'm stuggling deciphering the standard addressing from it.

Thanks everyone,
K

I have lots of experience with Unity Pro.
If you use the Modicon OPC server, then the addressing hassle is removed. It's inexpensive once you see how much time you can save. Go to http://www.telemecanique.com and look for the OPC server. It will run as a DEMO. Also, you failed to say which PLC you are using. Quantum or Premium?

You can email me at nkinze @ neo. rr. com

Forum - there is one available through the Schneider authorised integrators site otherwise post here.

Addressing - Topological addressing is the IEC standard, iFix driver hasn't kept up. Best to use Schneider OFS and the iFix OPC client but otherwise use the rack configurator to identify the Modbus address for the device. e.g. DDI module at 1.5 (rack/slot) has first EBOOL input (called "Fred") at IEC address %I1.5.0 but configured at Modbus address starting 100001. It's all up to you to select.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, it's a Quantum we are using. I'll look into the OPC server. It's looking like you can't actually convert the topological addressing directly to old Modbus standard addressing so we are sticking with topological for the IO card addresses and copying over information to memory maps with %w addresses. That should make it a little easier.

Unfortunately it is a set installation so for this one we don't have the option to get the OPC server but the above mapping over should work.

I've been looking quite a lot and am quite suprised there is not a Unity Developers forum. Oh well, such is life. ;)

Thanks for your help, I'll keep your address on file just in case.

Regards,
Kordain