ViewGsm Software Trend on GE Speedtronic MarkV-HMI

Dear Azelio,

Are you referring to <I DOS> or HMI ..
Are you referring to the standard communication protocol between HMI OR I DOS MARKV with a DCS?

By the way you can have a search and a look on GEI-100658 AND GEI-100516

Dear

Here is what i foundon View2 :

TILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH VIEW*.EXE OUTPUT FILES
VIEW2CSV.EXE: Format a VIEW2 file for direct (CSV) import into EXCEL.
VST2CVS.EXE: Format a VIEWST.OUT file for direct (CSV) import into EXCEL.
T2XLS20.EXE: Converts View files to EXCEL files. NOTE: Instructions are in French.

is that what you are looking for

I see that you got Also Mark V studio which has beeen developed by one of omy colleague here in Belfort France

VIEW2 – VIEW POINTS FROM A CONTROLLER, HIGH SPEED BUFFERED

This establishes a high speed (up to 32 Hz) list of points with one controller in one unit. The resulting data is buffered in memory, then flushed to a disk file when done collecting.

VIEW2T – VIEW2 DATA WITH PRE/POST TRIGGER CAPABILITY

This program collects high speed (up to 32 Hz) data in a circular memory buffer. When a user supplied trigger condition occurs, it collects a user define number of post-trigger records, then writes the entire buffer (pre and post trigger) to a file for analysis.

Hi,

I have worked in Belfort as well for long time. My problem is when i try to launch the ViewGsm Software after i to have configured all files properly as Config.dat, list.dat and file.out the system is giving an error for as" GSM error." I will try to reboot the system due Windows NT will not update the *.ini files without to restart the HMI System.
Thanks for your support.

Best Reagrds
Eng. Azelio Monti

Hi

Ok nice to meet you here!

Well i see that there is kind of help assistant from DOS command as per this screenschot:

View GSM Software seems to be poor documented ...i will look closer on from documenation that i got ..

1662041794535.png

GSM

GE Standard Messaging Protocol - used for collecting data from an HMI communicating with a Mark V, usually a DCS or other 3rd-party control system. GSM has to be set up on both "ends" as I recall, and it works over Ethernet, with the HMI (TCI) handling the retrieval from the Mark V.

Christian Florentz should be able to help with this as I believe some version of Mark V Studio could get data using GSM. I saw Mark V Studio using GSM once about 20 years ago, on an HMI Viewer connected to an HMI Server. ViewGSM was probably never "certified" by GE Salem (who were deathly afflicted with NIH Syndrome (Not Invented Here)).

I don't recall ever seeing or using ViewGSM, but that doesn't mean it wasn't available somewhere. My guess is ViewGSM is a program that plots data from VIEW files, or something similar. Plotting data from VIEW files using MS-Excel is not difficult, but I think WinPlot (also shown in the screen capture snippet) can do the same thing rather easily, and I think it can even export to .csv files for even "easier" import into MS-Excel.

GEEPE - GE Energy Products-Europe (aka, Belfort; 'nuff said; they always (think) they have a better idea; must be the water in France....)

GSM

GE Standard Messaging Protocol - used for collecting data from an HMI communicating with a Mark V, usually a DCS or other 3rd-party control system. GSM gas to be set up on both "ends" as I recall, and it works over Ethernet, with the HMI (TCI) handling the retrieval from the Mark V.

Christian Florentz should be able to help with this as I believe some version of Mark V Studio could get data using GSM. I saw Mark V Studio using GSM once about 20 years ago, on an HMI Viewer connected to an HMI Server. ViewGSM is probably never "certified" by GE Salem (who were deathly afflicted with NIH Syndrome (Not Invented Here)).

I don't recall ever seeing or using ViewGSM, but that doesn't mean it wasn't available somewhere. My guess is ViewGSM is a program that plots data from VIEW files, or something similar. Plotting data from VIEW files using MS-Excel is not difficult, but I think WinPlot (also shown in the screen capture snippet) can do the same thing rather easily, and I think it can even export to .csv files for even "easier" import into MS-Excel.

GEEPE - GE Energy Products-Europe (aka, Belfort; 'nuff said; they always (think) they have a better idea; must be the water in France....)

Have you (either of you) contacted Christian Florentz? His contact info was usually found by clicking on 'Help' on the Menu bar of any program he authored (in particular, I'm referring to Mark V Studio--but there were other programs he authored). He's usually very helpful, but he's also usually pretty busy (as I think he's one of the better engineers (excellent critical thinking skills) in BE Belfort).