VIPA CPU214.net

W

William Lee

Hello all,
May I know are there anybody has experience programming with VIPA CPU214net plc. The programming software that I used is WinPLC7 by Vipa. The configuration software used is WinNCS. I would like to perform the following:

1. Programming analogue input (VIPA 231-1BD52)and output(VIPA 232-1BD50). Shall I use WinNCS for the configuration?

2. I could ping the plc from my pc. I tried to use VIPA OPC server to communicate with the plc. However my communication failed. Please advice.

3. I am also using AFCON PCIM as my HMI. I loaded the Siemens Sinec H1 driver but the communication between the PLC and HMI also failed. Anyone has such experience?

Thank you.

Regards
William Lee

L

Lubomir Sedlak

I have very similar experiences. When I would use WinNCS and another program, that use OPC server the communication is failed. But when I ping the PLC from MSDOS the PLC communicates. I download WinPLC program into the PLC through MPI and application function correctly. But when I would read and display the values through MPI driver or OPC server the communication is failed. Someone say I have to have program Prodave from Siemens. But this is very strange. Please advice. I need display the values in some SCADA system.
Thank you.
Best Lubomir Sedla

Hi
We recently did one project involving VIPA PLC 214net and communicated to SCADA. What we used is WIN NCS to configure and OPC server. The only problem we had was to use the IP address as the one existing in PLC on PC. Apart from that we had no other issues. You may contact VIPA support team in your country if you need any help or other wise you are most welcome to contact me.

with regards
B. V. Babu- Bangalore