vision system

R

roy

Hi, Is there any software that able to capture image from USB powered CMOS or CCD camera and autosave image sequence to hard disk? Or is Visual basic or Matlab able to perform it. Please advise.

Thank you.

Roy,

Certainly the vendor of the camera could steer you to this kind of software, if it's not
already supplied with the camera. To me this functionality would be in the top 3 desired
functions of having a camera hooked up to the computer.

If you want to do fancy things like varying the frame rate, filtering the image, pattern recognition, etc, it may be a little more involved.

I'd try a google on "image sequence capture" and see what turns up...

Rufus

Rufus V. Smith
Software/Hardware Design (esp. Automation)
Recently available for full, part-time, or contract work.
Contact at: [email protected]
HomePage: members.aol.com/rufusvs

R

Rokicki, Andrew

There is a number of projects for Linux
that download images from camera(s). Since they are open source you can look at the code and
get routines you need for your own use.

Look up gPhoto, gtkam

S
Hello,

I would like to suggest you to use National Instruments' LabVIEW and IMAQ card to interface analog or Digital CCD cameras with your PC and can also store the image in hard disk.

I believe you should mention about your application as you might use Vision Toolkit, which is a Add-on to LabVIEW and can offer you tools to make your vision system like image processing etc.

I would like to suggest you to go to http://www.ni.com and read more about it or mail me.

Sachin Puri