WEG SSW05 Plus

In WEG SSW05 Plus I have R to U about 1 MΩ, S to V about 1 MΩ, T to W less than 1 Ω. When 480 VAC is applied to R, S, T, I immediately have power available at U, V, W even though there is no start signal order. No load connected to the output, by the way.
There is voltage drop of about 25 VAC across R-U and S-V, and almost zero across T-W.
IF I do apply the starting command, I have red LED Phase Loss on, which is understandable, since I have no motor connected.
These two identical controllers were designed to control a small (7.5 kW) water pump, but this project was never finished, with different people working on it in last 3-4 years. I took the ohmic readings (no voltage checks!) on the second controller, and they are exactly the same.
It looks like T-W is somehow dead shorted inside but why it's only T-W on both controllers?
Is this softstart busted? There should be no way to read between T and W in de-energized state, not to mention to observe full voltage output on U, V, W without starting command.
If it's bad, what potentially could cause such damage?

Attachments