ABB DATUM U110 level Indicator

K

kamil_ship

We have ABB Tank level indicator. Model No. Datum U110. we are receiving System error in the display. We switched off the power and started again the same error exists. What does it mean?

We have ABB Tank level indicator. Model No. Datum U110. we are receiving System error in the display. We switched off the power and started again the same error exists. What does it mean?
Me too. What the solutions

Lets tell us if you have read the OEM manual??

I got one but there is poor informations on alarms/faults description...

Can you tell us what is the error /fault message that you read/got ?? is it displayed on LCD screen of the device?
Is there any other controls system associated with device such as DCS/SCADA...

ControlsGuy25.

Lets tell us if you have read the OEM manual??

I got one but there is poor informations on alarms/faults description...

Can you tell us what is the error /fault message that you read/got ?? is it displayed on LCD screen of the device?
Is there any other controls system associated with device such as DCS/SCADA...

ControlsGuy25.
System fault

System fault
is that written as "System Failed " it is or as you wrote "system fault" which is bit different .
OEM manual show "system failed" it may concern transduceur or other part of the device...

On OEM manual it is shown that there is capability of connecting laptop with Device..
Did you do that...
Also there is shown • Multiple Alarm Functions can you have access form LCD screen to this mode..
It can give you more infos on what part is actually faulty...

I am sure that can help!
ControlsGuy25.

is that written as "System Failed " it is or as you wrote "system fault" which is bit different .
OEM manual show "system failed" it may concern transduceur or other part of the device...

On OEM manual it is shown that there is capability of connecting laptop with Device..
Did you do that...
Also there is shown • Multiple Alarm Functions can you have access form LCD screen to this mode..
It can give you more infos on what part is actually faulty...

I am sure that can help!
ControlsGuy25.
So what is the password of the device

No password available from my side I am discovering that device ...
You bought that equipment without password..,? without documentation...without knowing actually how it should works
Thats a lot things that you need to do when you buying such equipment...

At least a thank you for your help/support can be envisaged ..

BTW fortunately this is an isolated case... people here are welcome for any issue to solve!

ControlsGuy25.

No password available from my side I am discovering that device ...
You bought that equipment without password..,? without documentation...without knowing actually how it should works
Thats a lot things that you need to do when you buying such equipment...

At least a thank you for your help/support can be envisaged ..

BTW fortunately this is an isolated case... people here are welcome for any issue to solve!

ControlsGuy25.
This is my prob, ihave 10 devices, all of them are down in same time, no manual, no program. What is the program

Attachments

There's obviously a problem with ultrasonic unit. The display probably shows some kind error code. It could be lack-of-echo caused by any number of issues, any of which could be component failure at the transducer end or in the electronics module end.

The ultrasonic level market has gone through a number of generations about 7-8 years apart, with markedly increased performance with each generation, regardless of the vendor. One improvement has been the availability of 2 wire transmitters as opposed to separate transducer/electronics modules. The spec sheet for the U110 on the web is dated 2001. The current level product brochure from ABB does not include the U110, it has LSTxxx models.

I suspect that the U110 is at least one generation behind, if not two, maybe even three generations behind. There might be parts and service available for a U110, but you're more likely to run into the "it's obsolete, replace it" explanation.

The fact that no one knows a setup password on a site with multiple units points to a collection of older units.

The U110 is the electronics module; there's a separate transducer mounted wherever the measurement is being made. Be sure to get the entire model number from both the transducer and the U110 in order to determine what needs to be replaced - how far the transducer needs to shoot, how it is mounted (flange? pipe thread suspension?) how many level signal outputs are needed. The U110 lists as having 5 SPDT alarm/control relays. A check of the control schematics might be prudent to see if relays were used or not. If not, an ultrasonic transmitter might well serve as well the original level instrumentation.

You can try asking ABB, there might be an old-timer around who knows if there's backdoor password and what it is, but messing with the setup parameters is not likely to fix aging instrumentation that has failed.