At Cold Startup Why ST load>GT load

Dear All,
We often see, At Cold Startup Steam Turbine load(MW) (e.g: 55.4MW) Higher Than Gas Turbine Power load(MW) (e.g: 48.5MW).

I used to believe that Gas turbine is the main source of power, It's generating load always higher than Steam turbine load no matter what(misconception!!)

1. I want to know how ST load>GT load (at cold startup) *also in normal condition*

2. What about Gas turbine fuel control and ST Main Steam Control valve inrespect to ST load >GT load.

Appreciating for giving your valuable time.
Thank You

Dear All,
We often see, At Cold Startup Steam Turbine load(MW) (e.g: 55.4MW) Higher Than Gas Turbine Power load(MW) (e.g: 48.5MW).

I used to believe that Gas turbine is the main source of power, It's generating load always higher than Steam turbine load no matter what(misconception!!)

1. I want to know how ST load>GT load (at cold startup) *also in normal condition*

2. What about Gas turbine fuel control and ST Main Steam Control valve inrespect to ST load >GT load.

Appreciating for giving your valuable time.
Thank You
Hi all,

Abby,

Here some notes which can answer to your questions

1.According to start up curves ( Conventionnal or fast start ) , the GT load is holded for ST temp matching ...
Thats what i remenber ...

2.Also there should be more precisions on that GT /ST load Controls philosophy on the OEM startups curves documents that you may got....

Now if you can share your site "startup/shutdown " curves we will be able to advise you better...

James

Can the original poster try to respond to the last thread ...
It would be much appreciated ! as we are not here to discuss in the wind !

I mean we make effort to reply so please try to do the same...gentlemen.

Thank you for your attention& comprehension

James