Configuring S7-1200 IO-Link Master Module (SM1278) to TIA Portal V16

Hi all,

I am having issues connecting an IO-Link Instrument to TIA Portal via IO-Link Master Module (SM1278). I have downloaded the IODD file for the instrument and i have it on the S7 PCT software, I cant upload any parameters to the PLC.

Does anybody have experience working with the SM1278 and if so could you point me in the right direction ?

Many Thanks!

Hi ControlsGuy25,

The SM1278 is a plug in module to the S7-1200. The S7-1200 is on a PROFINET network. Yes correct IODD downloaded.

Many Thanks.

Hi ControlsGuy25,

The Device is an Endress+Hauser Picomag - Electromagnetic Flow meter. IO-Link V1.1 device.

I have tried Firmware updates on both the Signal Module & Instrument, both up to date.

Many Thanks !

Hi ControlsGuy25,

The Device is an Endress+Hauser Picomag - Electromagnetic Flow meter. IO-Link V1.1 device.

I have tried Firmware updates on both the Signal Module & Instrument, both up to date.

Many Thanks !
Hi RonanM94,

Thanks for the inputs

Can you tell us if you carefully have read the siemens I/O link master module...

Did you have setted all parameters correctly as per OEM RECOMMANDATIONS...

I have read also S7 1200 manual that i got (I got the french version but its okay...) ? IT IS SHOWING clearly how to opearate SM1278 ...(from page 1280...)

There is FUNCTION BLOCK (FB) called FB_IOL_CALL REPLACED NOW FB IO_LINK_MASTER & IO_LINK_DEVICE ( check That) did you have access to ONE OF this FB...

My advise would be to tell us here what did you achieve step by step and then we can try to see where it is wrong or not done correctly...

James

I got one more document for understanding FB io call and it is very useful and a very good description on how to do for getting task succeed !

You can share an email ( in case you are interested )as file size tooo big tio get attached here...

Any Time

I got one more document for understanding FB io call and it is very useful and a very good description on how to do for getting task succeed !

You can share an email ( in case you are interested )as file size tooo big tio get attached here...

Any Time
Hi,
I am currently working on a project that will be using IO-Link communication, my device is a SICK Dosic flowmeter.

Can you also share the file with me? My email address is [email protected]

Thank you and regards,
Leo