ControlLogix and CompactLogix Communication

A

Thread Starter

Anonymous

Today I went to work on the messaging and I think I understand how to configure and set it up. Where I'm getting bogged down is this, Do I need to do a write message from the ControlLogix to the CompactLogix? and a read message at the CompactLogix. The ControlLogix controller has data that I need in the CompactLogix in order to complete the functions of the two pieces of equipment. This is my first messaging that I have had to do with these type of controllers over ethernet. Your help would be very much appreciated.
 
T

Trevor Ousey

You only need to do a write or read message in only one of the processors. My preference has been to use write messages whenever possible, with DH+, ControlNet or Ethernet. Ethernet is fairly easy, the tricky part with the CLX is to interpret the CIP path, the DHRIO module manual actually is a good source of information with path
structures.

Just make sure the source and destination words match in size and type.

Regards,

Trevor Ousey
BJH Controls P/L
Mt. Gambier, South Australia.
 
Top