DAQ or modules for temperature sensors

A

Aparra

Hello,

Somebody knows about a module or special target that can be used to read signals of a lot of temperature sensors?

There are modules like ADAM XXX, but just have eight channels per module, and I need to connect 160 SENSORS! Also this modules must have Modbus TCP protocol.

Any successful experience?

I use Honeywell's HC-900 (a rack) for I/O counts in that range or higher. It's in that category of Process Automation Controllers - rack mounted I/O, power supply, controller card with communications.
The reason our plant uses Honeywell is its long history in thermal processing; their cold junction is stable and accurate; noise rejection and isolation is 2nd to none.

Modbus TCP is native on the HC, master and/or slave. Temperatures are automatically mapped to slave registers or there's custom mapping feature in the development software if you want to take the time to do map data to adjacent registers for huge block reads.
OPC servers can fetch by tag name.

The development software has a copy function, so you can 'copy and paste' your first page of 25 or 30 AI blocks to subsequent work sheet pages and then just assign the AI block to a physical I/O point, edit the tag name

It isn't discrete modules, but it's a smaller footprint with one power connection, one ethernet connection. You can't avoid 320 wiring connections for 160 thermocouples, no matter what.

> Somebody knows about a module or special target that can be used to read
> signals of a lot of temperature sensors?

Wire application is difficult to implement.
Why don't you choose the wireless solution? It includes 1024 channels.