Ejecution Visual basic on star factorytalk

hello everyone, could someone please tell me if it is possible to run a visual basic FactoryTalk routine every time scada starts?
Thanks for your time.

hello everyone, could someone please tell me if it is possible to run a visual basic FactoryTalk routine every time scada starts?
Thanks for your time.
Hello,

You query/question is not well formulated...
Can you clarify what you want to achieve ewactly ?
I knwo that there are kind of Macro with VBA/SQL but for some precise purposes ..
So if you can tell us more on the exact goal to achieve we can then try to support!

ControlsGuy25.

Hello,

You query/question is not well formulated...
Can you clarify what you want to achieve ewactly ?
I knwo that there are kind of Macro with VBA/SQL but for some precise purposes ..
So if you can tell us more on the exact goal to achieve we can then try to support!

ControlsGuy25.

hello, I need to read the values of a scale save the accumulated total at the end of the day on the date corresponding to the end of the month save the accumulated, I already did something similar in intouch with its scripting language the only condition it requires is that it was executed at start intouch.

hello, I need to read the values of a scale save the accumulated total at the end of the day on the date corresponding to the end of the month save the accumulated, I already did something similar in intouch with its scripting language the only condition it requires is that it was executed at start intouch.

It looks like you need to create a totalizer??

Is there not already included on Factory talk ???

Have a read on the video link it can help you for VBA execution on Factory talk:

Here some note from Rockwell automation on VBA applications in factorytalk:

Visual Basic for Applications
You can use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize and extend the capabilities of View SE. View SE graphic displays include the ability to incorporate Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) scripts. Use the VBA integrated development environment (IDE) to create, test, and debug VBA procedures that run in response to events triggered from within View SE graphic displays.

VB third-party access to the View SE Display Client object model, which includes the Tag and Graphic object models, is currently not supported. Access to the View SE object model is available only within the View SE client’s VBA.
• Limited support is available through Rockwell Automation Technical Support for customers needing assistance debugging their VBA scripts. A maximum of 20 lines of code per problem can be considered.

The version of Visual Basic for Applications that is supported by View SE for its object model has been updated from 6.3 to 6.4 (VBA 6.4 for View SE versions 3.2 through 5.0)

Use of custom VBA code should be limited. Only use when a native feature of the product does not meet the necessary requirements.

VBA is single threaded.

VBA is not recommended for continuous calculations. For continuous calculations the use of an OCX or EXE is recommended only if derived tags are not suitable.

VBA is not compiled code.

I am sure it can help you to have better idea

ControlsGuy25.

Have a read on the video link it can help you for VBA execution on Factory talk:

You can use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize and extend the capabilities of View SE. View SE graphic displays include the ability to incorporate Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) scripts. Use the VBA integrated development environment (IDE) to create, test, and debug VBA procedures that run in response to events triggered from within View SE graphic displays.

VB third-party access to the View SE Display Client object model, which includes the Tag and Graphic object models, is currently not supported. Access to the View SE object model is available only within the View SE client’s VBA.
• Limited support is available through Rockwell Automation Technical Support for customers needing assistance debugging their VBA scripts. A maximum of 20 lines of code per problem can be considered.

The version of Visual Basic for Applications that is supported by View SE for its object model has been updated from 6.3 to 6.4 (VBA 6.4 for View SE versions 3.2 through 5.0)

Use of custom VBA code should be limited. Only use when a native feature of the product does not meet the necessary requirements.

VBA is single threaded.

VBA is not recommended for continuous calculations. For continuous calculations the use of an OCX or EXE is recommended only if derived tags are not suitable.

ControlsGuy25.

VBA is single threaded.

ControlsGuy25.
thanks for the answer, I already knew that it can be programmed with vba in Factory Talk but I can't find a way to get those programs to run when scada starts, in intouch it was the program running event