Frequency Response Tests

Hallo everybody,
i have a Pumpsystem, wich is controlled by a PID Controller. the System is driven by the PLC of Rockwell i.e Logix5561. I Need to perform frequency Response Tests of the System. And i will like know how to perform it on such System? Do i actually Need extra Hardware like Signal Generator and oscilloscops or do PLCs have some in-build Systems ?
Thanks for your responses and suggestions!

Hallo everybody,
i have a Pumpsystem, wich is controlled by a PID Controller. the System is driven by the PLC of Rockwell i.e Logix5561. I Need to perform frequency Response Tests of the System. And i will like know how to perform it on such System? Do i actually Need extra Hardware like Signal Generator and oscilloscops or do PLCs have some in-build Systems ?
Thanks for your responses and suggestions!
Good day all,

ILC_H,

You can have a look on this document, how frequency response on pumpsystem is done:

https://books.google.fr/books?id=vI...age&q=frequency response test on pump&f=false

Also Omicron sell, this frequency analyser which may be used :

https://www.omicron-lab.com/product...E9D-5ZC0o5u6cVKqPQJURw36yYRSvcG8aAs2mEALw_wcB

For PlC I dont know yet, which equimpent/product can be used for such test.

I will try to find out, some datas for the mentioned tests.

Regards,
ControlsGuy25.

Hi ControlsGuy25,
thanks for your Reply. I heard About Frequenz analyzer. But i m not sur if this is the Right path when it comes to measure frequency Response on PLCs.

Hi ControlsGuy25,
thanks for your Reply. I heard About Frequenz analyzer. But i m not sur if this is the Right path when it comes to measure frequency Response on PLCs.
Hi ILC_H

I am not sure of kind of tests you want to do??
Is that for vibrations analysis ?? or other studies???

There can/should be extension modules, which can be connected to plc .

You can try to check, if Matlab simulink got PLC interface for that tests .

Let me have a look, on the solution that can be proposed .

Thank you for your answer,
ControlsGuy25.

Thanks for your Reply,
It s not for vibrations Analysis. Just a normal Frequency Response test for Bode Plot of Amplitude and Phase over frequency.
ILC_H

Thanks for your Reply,
It s not for vibrations Analysis. Just a normal Frequency Response test for Bode Plot of Amplitude and Phase over frequency.
ILC_H
Thanks for your reply,

Actually I am not sure, if the mentioned PLC have kind of functionnality or extension module, for executing the frequency response.

I will keep you updated on it.

Also did you check, on Matlab simulink if it can be a solution for your studies?

Thanks for your reply,

Actually I am not sure, if the mentioned PLC have kind of functionnality or extension module, for executing the frequency response.

I will keep you updated on it.

Also did you check, on Matlab simulink if it can be a solution for your studies?
thank for your Reply. I can do it on Matlab if i have the plant Model. But i don't. Furthermore the frequency Response test could help me have a model of the closed System.

Check out these two interesting tutorial, for how to modelize fuel pump in matlab .
https://fr.mathworks.com/help/physmod/hydro/ref/centrifugalpump.html
https://fr.mathworks.com/help/physmod/hydro/ref/centrifugalpump.html

After that you have bunch, of videos explaining, how to do frequency response on matlab.

I am sure that , this can help,
ControlsGuy25.
Ok Looks like I helped/supported you a lot by providing such infos !

BUT you could at least by "courtoisy" try to reply to my post ??
I make effort for supporting people, here and some of them are just stonish §!!!

Controls Guy25

Ok Looks like I helped/supported you a lot by providing such infos !

BUT you could at least by "courtoisy" try to reply to my post ??
I make effort for supporting people, here and some of them are just stonish §!!!

Controls Guy25
Hi ControlsGuys25,
thanks for your reply. in order to do it on matlab i need some knowledge about the plant. Those knowledge are extracted from the frequency tests. So i have to do the frequency test on the plc. I m not sure now how i can achieve it on the plc but i heard some PLC have function generator . So im tring that path now.

Hi ControlsGuys25,
thanks for your reply. in order to do it on matlab i need some knowledge about the plant. Those knowledge are extracted from the frequency tests. So i have to do the frequency test on the plc. I m not sure now how i can achieve it on the plc but i heard some PLC have function generator . So im tring that path now.
Hi ILC_H,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying that you are looking, for PLC which can features such tests?

Or you still want to do the tests with the existing PLC you got?

I think that you can modelize, your plant THEN simulate it hence to Matlab.

Did you ever search for how to modelize your plant ?? I am sure that you can find the right path by doing some searchs.

I will keep you updated !

BTW check this interesting document on how to modelize a pumpsystem plant!
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283348821_Mathematical_Modeling_of_Pump_System

I am sure it can be an help for you!

Controls Guy25.

I already have a plc(allen bradley logix) on the plant. in order to do frequency measurement on the controlled plant i just need how to imput sine wave on the plc. So i heard i can do it with some function generator included in plc. I will try it. Thanks for your support

I already have a plc(allen bradley logix) on the plant. in order to do frequency measurement on the controlled plant i just need how to imput sine wave on the plc. So i heard i can do it with some function generator included in plc. I will try it. Thanks for your support
Ok it sound more clear for me .

So you need a sine wave form generator integrated in plc .

Hum good idea !
Best for all!

Here I share a link on sine wave generator with PLC ALlen bradley rockwell :
https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/31212-sine-wave-generator/

ControlsGuy25.