GE Gas Turbine IGV angle

bahram,

I wrote either 700 deg F or 900 deg F because when I was writing it I didn't have access to older software to look up the actual value and my feeble mind couldn't remember if the actual value was 700 deg F or 900 deg F. It is 700 deg F.

The value was determined by monitoring dynamic pressure pulsations in combustors during loading and unloading and observing a peak that could be reduced by modulating (controlling the position of) the IGVs which would reduce wear on the hot gas path parts thereby improving parts life. And since this was for simple cycle operation where exhaust is not used for steam production it was an easy solution to implement in IGV controls logic that would have no impact on any exhaust-related component--again since it was implemented for simple cycle applications (those applications where the gas turbine exhaust is directed to atmosphere and not to an HRSG/boiler where maximizing exhaust temperature at part load can be important and useful and efficient).

The value should not be changed. If it is 700 deg F for a particular machine in the Control Specification it should forever remain 700 deg F for that machine (unit) to improve hot gas path parts life expectancy.

bahram,

I wrote either 700 deg F or 900 deg F because when I was writing it I didn't have access to older software to look up the actual value and my feeble mind couldn't remember if the actual value was 700 deg F or 900 deg F. It is 700 deg F.

The value was determined by monitoring dynamic pressure pulsations in combustors during loading and unloading and observing a peak that could be reduced by modulating (controlling the position of) the IGVs which would reduce wear on the hot gas path parts thereby improving parts life. And since this was for simple cycle operation where exhaust is not used for steam production it was an easy solution to implement in IGV controls logic that would have no impact on any exhaust-related component--again since it was implemented for simple cycle applications (those applications where the gas turbine exhaust is directed to atmosphere and not to an HRSG/boiler where maximizing exhaust temperature at part load can be important and useful and efficient).

The value should not be changed. If it is 700 deg F for a particular machine in the Control Specification it should forever remain 700 deg F for that machine (unit) to improve hot gas path parts life expectancy.
CSA
Thanks a lot for your response.I got the clue.
Best regards.