GT frame 6B

i am a mechanical engineer working in power generating plant bryton cycle , we are using gas turbine frame 6b .
i try to study the diagrams for the unit but as a mechanical engineer there are alot of instrumentaions devises that i dont knew how its so simply i google it and understand it but some times and some diagrams there are things only expertise people knew .
my question is , as i study the units if i post the P&ID for ex: IGV etc... will you give me quick or basic explanation about it ? because i am not seen this happened here before on control.com .

best regards .

i am a mechanical engineer working in power generating plant bryton cycle , we are using gas turbine frame 6b .
i try to study the diagrams for the unit but as a mechanical engineer there are alot of instrumentaions devises that i dont knew how its so simply i google it and understand it but some times and some diagrams there are things only expertise people knew .
my question is , as i study the units if i post the P&ID for ex: IGV etc... will you give me quick or basic explanation about it ? because i am not seen this happened here before on control.com .

best regards .
No problem we can try to support from here...but you still have to explore that power generation world by going as much as possible in the field to get into practice what you will learn here...
We did several Frame6b with GE worldwide... installation commissioning operation& maintenance...

What is controls systems used on this unit...Mark**or other OEM

No problem we can try to support from here...but you still have to explore that power generation world by going as much as possible in the field to get into practice what you will learn here...
We did several Frame6b with GE worldwide... installation commissioning operation& maintenance...

What is controls systems used on this unit...Mark**or other OEM

hello ControlsGuy25 thank you for your response i appreciate it .
our control is mark V and i think next year we will upgrade to mark VIe .

Hello fabio9

For example when 20TV1 SOLENOID VALVE IS excited...HP lube oil /Hydraulic Oil control/trip..is sent to the VH3-1 "relay/distributor" Oil pressure make that VH3-1 operating and actionning IGV depending on servovalve HM3 command...

For orifice plate /diaphragm they are used for flow limitation and also pressure reduction...one of them is used for Filter DIFFERENTIAL PRESSURE measurement...
OLT orifice plate is to be determined on Hydraulic Regulator/CONTROLLER diagram /description in the OPERATING instructions that you should got by GEEPE...

One orifice plate is for drain flow limitation I presume...

2 Orifices plates for flow limiation & pressure reduction on HM3 (IGV Servovalve control command . ...)

Hope this can help
Any time!

Orifice plates or diaphragms are the most commonly used primary elements for differential pressure flow measurement. They allow measurement over a wide range of flow rates and for a wide range of pipe diameters. There are several types: the sharp-edge orifice plate, the best known, the other concentric plates with conical inlet and quarter circle plate for the measurement of low flows or viscous fluids and the eccentric plate or segmental plate for the measuring dirty or impure fluids. Finally, the multi-hole / conditioning orifice plate allows a measure of quality while providing a minimum footprint.
Inserted within a circular pipe, they create an obstacle, increase the speed of the fluid and generate a pressure difference between upstream and downstream of the restriction. This differential pressure measurement is proprotional to the flow rate value.

Orifice plates or diaphragms are the most commonly used primary elements for differential pressure flow measurement. They allow measurement over a wide range of flow rates and for a wide range of pipe diameters. There are several types: the sharp-edge orifice plate, the best known, the other concentric plates with conical inlet and quarter circle plate for the measurement of low flows or viscous fluids and the eccentric plate or segmental plate for the measuring dirty or impure fluids. Finally, the multi-hole / conditioning orifice plate allows a measure of quality while providing a minimum footprint.
Inserted within a circular pipe, they create an obstacle, increase the speed of the fluid and generate a pressure difference between upstream and downstream of the restriction. This differential pressure measurement is proprotional to the flow rate value.

what is the purpose of bleed valve here ? is it for drain ?

this is a good explanation its help me , thank you ControlsGuy25 .

I have read a document from GEEPE saying that bleed valvel " robinet de ppurge " are for oil drain in case of GENERATOR BREAKER OPENED 52g OR TRIP SOUNDS LIKE EVEN SHUTDOWN OR TRIP MAKE THAT Bleed valve opened for oil drain...

I have read a document from GEEPE saying that bleed valvel " robinet de ppurge " are for oil drain in case of GENERATOR BREAKER OPENED 52g OR TRIP SOUNDS LIKE EVEN SHUTDOWN OR TRIP MAKE THAT Bleed valve opened for oil drain...

thats good
can i knew which section you read this ? because its not in the descreption and operation of the IGV section .

thats good
can i knew which section you read this ? because its not in the descreption and operation of the IGV section .
Yes it sounds good..
I got a read on a training course from Belfort...
You can ask GEEPE FOR THAT ....
Where is the plant ...maybe i know and worked on this one...

Any time!