HINET Modbus DDE SERVER 2014

H
After 459 days, finally there is one member who response to this thread. Thank you very much..

Responding to your question, <b>is there a version for Modbus serial?</b>

The answer is <b>Yes</b>..

In fact, I'm not only develop applications for the Modbus protocol, but it was more than that.

I have successfully developed a system Telemonitoring faster and safer by using the Modbus protocol with HINET System.

To understand it, imagine you have hundreds of existing gas wells in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Emirate, Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia. And you want to monitor each well in real-time online

by using the existing Internet network.

So how?
The answer is, you can apply the system that I have used from HINET Modbus Application. For that please look at this picture:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3351822/HINETSystem.png

<b>First</b>, each well that you have, run the application "HINET Modbus Slave/Master Syncronizer 2015" to the process polling data from Flow Computer and push- the data to Modbus Slave on Cloud Server using the Internet network. This process makes the data available in the Cloud Server will always be equal to those in the Flow Computer.

HINET Modbus Slave Server On Cloud Server it was like a Modbus Device, but it is specifically designed for powerful server machines, in order to be able to handle hundreds of Modbus Master that sends data simultaneously from everywhere.

Please refer to the image below to know about HINET Modbus Slave Server On Cloud Server:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3351822/DemoSlave.png

So, Now The Question is.. If the Modbus Slave On Cloud Server is like Modbus device, does that mean if there any Modbus Master can also send data to the Modbus Slave On Cloud Server?

The answer is <b>No</b>...

Although you know The IP Address, Modbus Port is opened, but the existing data in Modbus Slave Server On Cloud Slave can not be read, as long as you use 'the Secure Connection' mode.

Applications such as KepServerEx, groov Server for Windows, Matrikom or MBENET for TCP each send a request to Slave On Cloud Server always will receive an answer Exception Code 06 (Slave Device Busy).

So .. How if I want to access the data in the Modbus Slave on Cloud Server?

The answer is there are only three ways:

<b>1</b> Use <b>HINET DDEServer 2015</b> to directly access data in the Modbus Slave Server on the Cloud Server,

<b>2</b> Run <b>Web Service</b> that is in <b>HINET Modbus Slave Server</b> on Cloud Server, then create a Web application for monitoring data sent from the wells was in real-time online.

<b>3</b> Install <b>HINET Modbus Slave Server</b> in your office PC, and then open the Modbus port with 'Non-Secure Connection' Mode, after that, run 'Slave-to-Slave polling', so that existing data in your office PC will be the same equal to existing data in the Cloud.

If you open a port with 'Non-Secure Connection' mode, then the request is sent by software such as KepServerEx, groov Server, Matrikom or MBENET for TCP it will soon responded.

Similarly, if you want to try the HINET system that I have used for, please dowload the following applications:

HINET Modbus Slave Server 2015 Here -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3351822/HINETSlaveServer2015.rar

HINET Modbus Master / Slave Synchronizer 2015 For Modbus Serial Here -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3351822/HINETSync2015.rar

Thanks..And Good Luck

Just To Remind, If you access HINET Modbus Master / Slave Syncronizer using Modbus TCP protocol, then each time you do write, then automatically Modbus device will also participate in the write. Please be aware.

Hi Heru,

Please contact me, I am very interested in your DDE server. I downloaded your demo, but it did not connect, maybe I am missing something. My e-mail address is atekam11 (at) gmail [.] com

Regards
Steve

H
Thanks to all of you, who have been interested in using 'HINET DDE SERVER for Modbus TCP-IP'.

Today, I can confirm this DDE SERVER have been well tested and can be used smoothly for a long time.

Therefore, please download this application again for Version 2016.

One value of this application is using the power of Microsoft Access Database Engine. So that the data conversion process from the binary data to item tags can be performed simultaneously with a very fast, because the indexing process performed by the Microsoft Database Engine that is very fast.
Thanks to Microsoft.

Maybe if you do not know, how the Modbus protocol works ..
So every request sent to the device, or what is commonly called "Modbus Request Frame Block" is can contain a maximum of 64 item tags for the data type Float or 125 item tags for the data type Integer.

Imagine, if you have thousands of item tags to be filled from the binary data to a float or integer, then certainly this process is very slow without using the power of Microsoft Access Database Engine.

With 'HINET DDE SERVER', 2 byte Identifier at the beginning of a 'Modbus Request Frame Block' to be sent to the device, is the ID of the index table in Microsoft Access.

So when the device has been respond, 'HINET DDE SERVER' can directly convert very quickly to each itm tags, because it knows the ID Index of block for each item tags.

Of course, if the data sent by the device does not change, then this application do not need to update all of the item tags, So the process update DDE for HMI applications is very efficient, because only the data has been changed is sent.

To test, I tried to create an HMI application that directly read the data from the device via Modbus protocol, then immediately displays the results to the screen.

But the result, a program that reads directly to the device with HMI that uses HINET DDE Server, the speed of the process conversion is not much different.

Of course, all can happen that fast, because HINET DDE SERVER is using the power of block indexing from Microsoft Access Database Engine.

Lets try it..
<b>This is free of charges..</b>

I will be testing your DDE server with our FIN Data Collection server which still uses good ole DDE. I will let you know how it goes.